who wants youtube to be their carrer

I think YouTube holds way too much power out of my control for me to be comfortable making videos as a career. All Google needs to do is change their algorithm and my channel could die. =/ There aren't very many ways to "apply to a new social media/video creator job" after a channel dies.... =S

It's a fun hobby, and if it could help pay for things, then that's great! I'm always going to keep it as a hobby unless there's some blatantly obvious reason why I shouldn't... ^^
 
I want it as a part of my career as a Makeup Artist but I feel like only youtube is just to lonely for me. I need some real social contacts in my life and real life experiences.
 
If you can, have YouTube as one part of your career. You don't want your eggs all in one basket =)

+1

This ^^

The big risk with YouTube is that your channel isn't on a web property that you own. The videos belong to the channel owner but that's it. Nothing else. You don't actually own any assets so if YouTube suddenly decides to pull the plug on your channel or whatever, your income will go to zero overnight.

Diversification is essential.
 
if you were to ask me this question back in 2013 - 2014 i would have said hell yes like the idea of making money just by making videos sounds awesome especially to a 14 year old at that stage i was like ill post daily and be so popular and be the next Pewdiepie

but i dont know what changed in the last year but now im like ill have a channel post weekly and just have fun with it

so i defiantly will never have Youtube as a career it will just be a Hobby
 
Back
Top