Where do you find you music for your videos?

HeyJayBay

I've Got It
All the sites I've found with royalty free music are awful. Sounds like something my grandparents would listen to. I know music and copyright is a serious business and that artists want to be paid for their music. But does anyone know of good sites with royalty free music?
Thank you!
Just Jessica
 
Luckily using older game music is pretty okay on YouTube so I go with that.

You could go on Newgrounds art corner and just give credit unless they state otherwise.[DOUBLEPOST=1456043555,1456042885][/DOUBLEPOST]AUDIO CORNER NOT ART CORNER BOY AM I TIRED
 
Find small artists that make jams you like. Search specifically for CC-BY (Creative Commons License) instead of "royalty free". The rules are a little different, so you should make sure you do your research, but it also guarantees that they can't retroactively copyright strike your video if they release a song under that license.

I'm a big fan of CyberSDF, if you want a starting point. He makes all kinds of different genres of music, so you're bound to find something you like (hopefully lol), and he always tweets out videos of people that use his songs, so that's really nice.
 
Hey, I compose and produce music, it's royalty free, so if you want, you can use it for your videos :)
Cheers, Jamie
 
I'm in the same situation as you, haven't found any royalty free music I like, especially since I have something very specific in mind.

Currently I'm using a little snippet of the Duck and Cover video song as my intro, which in the public domain, so don't know if I could get in trouble for using it...have been talking with a coworker about us making a cover of the song.
Even though I'm willing to pay to have something made, I've more or less given up on finding someone to make it for me, as it seems I have a hard time communicating what exactly it is I'm after.
 
Back
Top