When do you ask someone to subscribe ?

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was just reviewing another channel and then once again it ended with the person asking the viewer to subscribe at the end of his or her video. Now there is nothing wrong with it and I am not here to tell you that method is incorrect but I have to say I think it is to mainstream to my liking.

I never asked anyone to subscribe on my channel two years ago and I am still going to do that now, why ? Because I feel like any dummy would know how to subscribe so your not reminding the viewer of anything so I really feel like if you like my content you would subscribe, sure I posted my content to my personal friends and they subscribed on their own.

Does it actually work asking the viewer to subscribe ? Is there any proof of someone creating videos not asking and the subscribtion rate is low and when they did ask it actually went up ?

Also is there some cases that you ask and some not ?

Maybe I am just a lot like my father. He started an ISP company and never advertised his bussiness went popular in our city through word of mouth. Now he is the best ISP in the city and cities around it where he started.

What is your take on this

Reactions: CMTXRATED

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Honestly I thing it's a great idea to ask people for subscribe to your channel.If you have a section in your video where you talk directly to your viewers then you can simply say, “Hey! Don’t forget to subscribe!”.You can also ask your viewers to subscribe via YouTube Annotations.Annotations let you add text to your video reminding viewers to subscribe, and even links within the video where viewers can click to subscribe to your channel.You can remind people to subscribe in your video description :)

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK sure I know you can ask viewers but why ? Whats the purpose ?

Like I said I am sure everyone know how to subscribe why tell them to ?

Rafij Rahman Rohan

Be Yourself
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OK sure I know you can ask viewers but why ? Whats the purpose ?

Like I said I am sure everyone know how to subscribe why tell them to ?
Cause it's engage them to subscribe.Just for an example,why people buy a thing if you doesn't offer them.So that's the thing,you have to ask them,tell them that what kinda video you make & why they subscribe to your channel.What can you offer them.You can do some trick like add an annotation at the middle last point of your videos with some attractive massage like "Still Watching??Why Not Subscribe :)"...these kinda massages are always effective :)

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I know asking for susbcription is kinda weird, but trust me it helps a lot. It gives a boost to the viewers mind to support your quality content because their subscription is your motivation. Just say "If you wanna catch more of my content, make sure you subscribe" instead of "Please please please subscribe". This is more like begging which leaves bad impression towards the audience. So be specific about why viewers should sub you. I follow this strategy.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It shows that you're really working hard on your content. I mean it may or may not help, but it doesn't hurt you at all to say it.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If a creator is going to ask, it should be at the end of the video. If someone asks me to sub (or like) at the beginning of their video, then I'm definitely not going to do it.

Personally I think asking people to sub sounds a bit desperate and makes it sound that the viewer is doing the creator a favour by subbing. As creators, we should be confident in our content - We're the ones doing our viewers a favour by creating this amazing content. And if we don't feel that, then we need to work on our content rather than thinking about asking for subs or not.

Having said that, nothing wrong with a visual reminder in the outro for people to sub. Although most people know how to sub, some will forget to do so.

(Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :) )

SandMan

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If a creator is going to ask, it should be at the end of the video. If someone asks me to sub (or like) at the beginning of their video, then I'm definitely not going to do it.

Personally I think asking people to sub sounds a bit desperate and makes it sound that the viewer is doing the creator a favour by subbing. As creators, we should be confident in our content - We're the ones doing our viewers a favour by creating this amazing content. And if we don't feel that, then we need to work on our content rather than thinking about asking for subs or not.

Having said that, nothing wrong with a visual reminder in the outro for people to sub. Although most people know how to sub, some will forget to do so.

(Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :) )
*Insert Steve Carell hitting the desk and saying thank you gif here*

Yes, I agree, I feel like my content need to be so impresive that if the viewer forgotten about that pesky subscribe button that they need to think "Dam, this guy is good I need to see more of him". That is why I don't ask. Sure the rest of you have compelling arguments but I would like to gain my viewers knowing 100% they subscribed to me because they wanted them. I am not placing my self on top of you or saying that not all your subscribers, subscribed just because you asked them to (Which would be weird if they did to start off with) this is just my assurance and I guess my way of thinking

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was just reviewing another channel and then once again it ended with the person asking the viewer to subscribe at the end of his or her video. Now there is nothing wrong with it and I am not here to tell you that method is incorrect but I have to say I think it is to mainstream to my liking.

I never asked anyone to subscribe on my channel two years ago and I am still going to do that now, why ? Because I feel like any dummy would know how to subscribe so your not reminding the viewer of anything so I really feel like if you like my content you would subscribe, sure I posted my content to my personal friends and they subscribed on their own.

Does it actually work asking the viewer to subscribe ? Is there any proof of someone creating videos not asking and the subscribtion rate is low and when they did ask it actually went up ?

Also is there some cases that you ask and some not ?

Maybe I am just a lot like my father. He started an ISP company and never advertised his bussiness went popular in our city through word of mouth. Now he is the best ISP in the city and cities around it where he started.

What is your take on this
I always say at the end of my videos, be sure to subscribe if you like this video. I'm not pressuring my viewers at all. I am really grateful for what I have and I'm glad people are enjoying my videos.

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
No matter how obvious the subscribe button is, people tend to forget, we're all humans