When collaborating with others, don't....

Wonderboy Gaming

I've Got It
We all like collaborating with other YouTubers, but doing so is a 2-way street. Don't be the person who...
  • Thinks they know everything
  • Thinks they are the best
  • Always talks about ones own accomplishments
  • Has something to say about every situation, even if they aren't part of it
  • Has an excuse for everything

So instead be the person who...
  • Supports others
  • Encourages everyone
  • Helps the weakest link
  • Pushes everyone to be better
  • Shares resources and tips
  • Doesn't mind laughing at themselves
  • And most of all, knows how to have fun.

Just some tips from your friendly neighborhood Wonderboy. :thumbsup2:

Yea I agree with you! And most of the time, I feel like they forget to really have fun cause thats really the main point we do youtube you know!

So much truth. I've been on the receiving of the "know it all" person in collabs. They never went anywhere, literally-it's a little sadistically satisfying to see those channels hit a wall and stopped growing while mine kept going. :vampire:

Anytime I do one I emphasize the fact that I'm not as fussed about sub or view count as much as it is skill level so I'm kind and encouraging with anyone I work with. Although I can attest to being guilty of taking so darn long on my half because of the nature of animation. :p

On the money. I have a friend who I've never collaborated with but when the topic of each other's channels come up, I find myself constantly on the defence. Mind you, my channel is 2 months old lol

On the money. I have a friend who I've never collaborated with but when the topic of each other's channels come up, I find myself constantly on the defence. Mind you, my channel is 2 months old lol
It shouldn't matter how old your channel is, he should support you either way!!! Keep it up.[DOUBLEPOST=1467732940,1467732805][/DOUBLEPOST]
Completely agree! Any tips on finding someone to collab with, or in creating original collab ideas, besides tags?
For me it started with ARK: Survival Evolved and from there I found cool people. It took about 2 servers and 3 seasons to find a good core group. I think the trick is trial and error. And the great thing about the internet is that its easy to shut those negative people out of your life ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1467733054][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea I agree with you! And most of the time, I feel like they forget to really have fun cause thats really the main point we do youtube you know!
When recording, editing, and uploading become more of a hassle, then I knew I was doing something wrong. I need to take a step back and look at my channel and my process and make changes. I really happy where I'm at right now.[DOUBLEPOST=1467733144][/DOUBLEPOST]
So much truth. I've been on the receiving of the "know it all" person in collabs. They never went anywhere, literally-it's a little sadistically satisfying to see those channels hit a wall and stopped growing while mine kept going. :vampire:

Anytime I do one I emphasize the fact that I'm not as fussed about sub or view count as much as it is skill level so I'm kind and encouraging with anyone I work with. Although I can attest to being guilty of taking so darn long on my half because of the nature of animation. :p
Know It All's are the worst. It creates a toxic environment that leads to a competition and not a collaboration.

We all like collaborating with other YouTubers, but doing so is a 2-way street. Don't be the person who...
  • Thinks they know everything
  • Thinks they are the best
  • Always talks about ones own accomplishments
  • Has something to say about every situation, even if they aren't part of it
  • Has an excuse for everything

So instead be the person who...
  • Supports others
  • Encourages everyone
  • Helps the weakest link
  • Pushes everyone to be better
  • Shares resources and tips
  • Doesn't mind laughing at themselves
  • And most of all, knows how to have fun.

Just some tips from your friendly neighborhood Wonderboy. :thumbsup2:

I 1000% agree and I tried reaching out to people to collab with but some of them don't care and insult me and telling me I am a failure and I will not grow my channel. Don't worry I am turning the other cheek and I might get 6 collab probably by the end of summer

Back