Whats missing? - Design video

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys

I have recently started a new Segment called monthly design where I give myself a design project each month and then show the process of that design.

Now my question is: If you were a viewer (that enjoyed the topic of design)
What would be missing in the design video?
Would you expect something that I have shown in the video?
Would you want me to talk about a current topic or talk about the design itself?

For upcoming videos I will improve the audio because I know it bad at the moment.

However, I'd be happy to hear your feedback :)

Thanks in advance

P.s this is part 2 so don't be surprised of the starting point

Reactions: veronica33067

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey,

This is actually pretty cool! What software is that? I'm ignorant when it comes to design so as I was watching I was interested in how you created each design. With that being said, I think you should talk about the design itself. For example, what tools you are using to create this shape and that, etc. Demonstrate the design from start to finish. That would definitely get me watching. Great video!

Hey guys

I have recently started a new Segment called monthly design where I give myself a design project each month and then show the process of that design.

Would you want me to talk about a current topic or talk about the design itself?

For upcoming videos I will improve the audio because I know it bad at the moment.

Thanks in advance

[DOUBLEPOST=1506892857,1506891705][/DOUBLEPOST]I like your channel! You just got yourself a subscriber! ;) Hopefully, you think about what I said and make the design videos a show & tell. That will get me watching and interacting. :)

Hey guys

Thanks in advance

Reactions: Samira

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hee Samira,

You're video looks pretty good, don't think the audio is that aweful, but you do need to work on talking more fluently. It's a voice over, so don't be scared to restart a sentence when you stumble and just cut out the bad part afterwards ;)

Now for your questions:
If you were a viewer (that enjoyed the topic of design)
What would be missing in the design video? An explanation of the tools that you used would be nice (though you might have done that in the first video which I didn't watch, sorry).
Would you expect something that I have shown in the video? Your video is quite straight forward. I would try to sink up the commentary with what we are seeing. At the part that you mention you dropped the idea of the floating heads, you continue to talk about the other card design, while we are stil seeing you working on the hair. This was a bit annoying to me, as the audio info and the visual info didn't comply (if you understand what I mean).
Would you want me to talk about a current topic or talk about the design itself? Both. Incorporate current topics where necessary, but also talk about basics and techniques. This gives you a bigger playing field.

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey,

This is actually pretty cool! What software is that? I'm ignorant when it comes to design so as I was watching I was interested in how you created each design. With that being said, I think you should talk about the design itself. For example, what tools you are using to create this shape and that, etc. Demonstrate the design from start to finish. That would definitely get me watching. Great video!

[DOUBLEPOST=1506892857,1506891705][/DOUBLEPOST]I like your channel! You just got yourself a subscriber! ;) Hopefully, you think about what I said and make the design videos a show & tell. That will get me watching and interacting. :)

Thank this is great feedback and thank you for subscribing.This is OBS screen recorder

I will try to explain the design more and the tools used

Working on this month design cideo so I can incorporate what you have said :)[DOUBLEPOST=1506940253][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hee Samira,

You're video looks pretty good, don't think the audio is that aweful, but you do need to work on talking more fluently. It's a voice over, so don't be scared to restart a sentence when you stumble and just cut out the bad part afterwards ;)

Now for your questions:
If you were a viewer (that enjoyed the topic of design)
What would be missing in the design video? An explanation of the tools that you used would be nice (though you might have done that in the first video which I didn't watch, sorry).
Would you expect something that I have shown in the video? Your video is quite straight forward. I would try to sink up the commentary with what we are seeing. At the part that you mention you dropped the idea of the floating heads, you continue to talk about the other card design, while we are stil seeing you working on the hair. This was a bit annoying to me, as the audio info and the visual info didn't comply (if you understand what I mean).
Would you want me to talk about a current topic or talk about the design itself? Both. Incorporate current topics where necessary, but also talk about basics and techniques. This gives you a bigger playing field.

Yes I noticed that as well. This was when I had to record audio on my phone and send myself the file over google drive. I will work on talk about the current feature and explain the tools I am using. I am working on being more confident when doing voice overs

Thank you for the feedback
This helps alot and I now know what to work on :)

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cool! Look forward to checking out more of your videos! :)
Thank this is great feedback and thank you for subscribing.This is OBS screen recorder

I will try to explain the design more and the tools used

Working on this month design cideo so I can incorporate what you have said :)[DOUBLEPOST=1506940253][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yes I noticed that as well. This was when I had to record audio on my phone and send myself the file over google drive. I will work on talk about the current feature and explain the tools I am using. I am working on being more confident when doing voice overs

Thank you for the feedback
This helps alot and I now know what to work on :)

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cool! Look forward to checking out more of your videos! :)

I just posted my new monthly design and I tried to implement dutchie in england and your suggestions :)

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
:bounce: Ok! I'll go check out it now! :smile22:

I just posted my new monthly design and I tried to implement dutchie in england and your suggestions :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1507495687,1507494393][/DOUBLEPOST]Omg! You make me want to use illustrator now! Are you an artist? Do you have to be artsy to use illustrator? I never knew you could do such things with illustrator. :unsure:Anyway.

I like how you mentioned the tools.:wavespin: I like that it was short and to the point. However, as I watching you create this cool drawing I wanted to know how to create it myself. With that being said, I was looking for more of a tutorial. (step by step process) I know it may cause your videos to be longer but I would love to see how you create the different shapes. Some of the sketches looked like shape tools. Does illustrator have shape tools? Is that what you use to make the top of the houses and the pumpkin face? Or was it solely the pin tool? How did you stretch and flipped the pumpkin's mouth. These are questions that were raised in my mind while watching your video. :smileysmile:

I'm not sure if your goal is to teach us how to make these designs or just show us your creative designs. If it's not to teach then I guess what I'm saying doesnt really matter. :wat?: Especially since these questions would probably be typical questions of your viewers. In that case, it would cause them to interact with your channel and of course, that's the whole point. :)

Cool video, though! As a viewer, not being an artistic person your design videos are definitely interesting. ;)

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
:bounce: Ok! I'll go check out it now! :smile22:

[DOUBLEPOST=1507495687,1507494393][/DOUBLEPOST]Omg! You make me want to use illustrator now! Are you an artist? Do you have to be artsy to use illustrator? I never knew you could do such things with illustrator. :unsure:Anyway.

I like how you mentioned the tools.:wavespin: I like that it was short and to the point. However, as I watching you create this cool drawing I wanted to know how to create it myself. With that being said, I was looking for more of a tutorial. (step by step process) I know it may cause your videos to be longer but I would love to see how you create the different shapes. Some of the sketches looked like shape tools. Does illustrator have shape tools? Is that what you use to make the top of the houses and the pumpkin face? Or was it solely the pin tool? How did you stretch and flipped the pumpkin's mouth. These are questions that were raised in my mind while watching your video. :smileysmile:

I'm not sure if your goal is to teach us how to make these designs or just show us your creative designs. If it's not to teach then I guess what I'm saying doesnt really matter. :wat?: Especially since these questions would probably be typical questions of your viewers. In that case, it would cause them to interact with your channel and of course, that's the whole point. :)

Cool video, though! As a viewer, not being an artistic person your design videos are definitely interesting. ;)

I do am doing my apprenticeship to be a graphic designer. I dont think you have to be artsy for illustrator there are lots of easy tutorials to follow to get into the basics of Illustrator.

Illustrator does have shape tools like a rectangle, triangle, circle but curvy lines are best made with the pen tool. You can also create a shape and then obscure it like you want it to be.

The roof of the right tower I made with the triangle tool and the eyes of the pumpkin I made with the pen tool because I didn't want it to be a completely straight triangle.

Once you have created a shape with the pen tool you can make it bigger and smaller like pictures in word. Same goes for rotating. (there is also a function to mirror objects)

I would see my videos more as a way to practice for myself and show people the process because people will have different Ideas when they get the same task and I find that process interesting. But tutorials is something I can think about but is definitely not one of my priorities at the moment. :)

Before I do Tutorials I would like to be good at it first :D (which I am on the way of doing) :)

But Thank you for taking such an interest in my video :)

Reactions: veronica33067

veronica33067

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ok. So, if your videos are just you wanting to show your work then they're perfect! I like them! I will definitely keep watching!

Thanks for sharing the information on how you created your house and pumpkin. Now, I have a better understanding. :biggrin:

I do am doing my apprenticeship to be a graphic designer. I dont think you have to be artsy for illustrator there are lots of easy tutorials to follow to get into the basics of Illustrator.

Illustrator does have shape tools like a rectangle, triangle, circle but curvy lines are best made with the pen tool. You can also create a shape and then obscure it like you want it to be.

The roof of the right tower I made with the triangle tool and the eyes of the pumpkin I made with the pen tool because I didn't want it to be a completely straight triangle.

Once you have created a shape with the pen tool you can make it bigger and smaller like pictures in word. Same goes for rotating. (there is also a function to mirror objects)

I would see my videos more as a way to practice for myself and show people the process because people will have different Ideas when they get the same task and I find that process interesting. But tutorials is something I can think about but is definitely not one of my priorities at the moment. :)

Before I do Tutorials I would like to be good at it first :D (which I am on the way of doing) :)

But Thank you for taking such an interest in my video :)

TYTD

If it's radioactive, Its on TYTD
Reaction score
Website
tytdreviews.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
Having watched both part 1 and 2 of the video you've posted in this thread it looks pretty solid, some brilliant use of software and I like the idea of setting yourself a monthly challenge...what I would maybe suggest is incorporating other elements into this video as; speaking as an audience member. there did seem to be one or two little places where it felt like you were maybe either thinking up what to say on the spot or were maybe struggling a bit to fill the run length of the video from an audio perspective...so I would maybe suggest giving a little channel update on videos like these...or maybe asking and answering a few Q and A style questions on design at least during the less active parts of the designing process...it doesnt necessarily have to be longer just a bit more concise :)

other than that though it looks and sounds Great! :)