What's a good YouTube Network to join regarding World of Warcraft Gameplay commentaries?

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
Wow, I haven't seen an MCN/network-related question on this board for a while now (probably for good reason). I should really be more active on this forum. @Joe shouldn't this thread be in the Monetization and Partnership section (please correct me if I'm wrong)?

@Jenelly, I have to agree with @Jack Decker. I used to own a network and managed MCNs in the past. MCNs have become useless in 2021 as the vast majority of creators can do everything on their own. In other words, you don't need a network especially if you're a small channel. Back in 2012-2015, you could possibly make a case for networks, however, all that has changed since YouTube made MCN-exclusive features available to regular channels and AdSense partners.

If you are looking for growth, there are millions of guides you can find for free on YTTalk, YouTube, and with simple Google searching. If you are looking for music, a simple Google search should solve that (I've found royalty-free music by browsing the web that is better than what you'd find with 'premium' services like EpidemicSound, AudioMirco, etc.). If you are looking for sponsorships, you can contact companies on your own for free. Why give a portion of your ad revenue up for things you can do on your own?

Also, as a side note, most large MCNs that used to proudly state "We're the #1 MCN on YouTube! Partner with us!" have stopped touting that they're an MCN since it's an outdated, old, and fruitless model. Fullscreen and BBTV, for instance, now have shifted their efforts to talent and influencer management. Freedom!, which proudly exclaimed they have the largest channel count at one point, was terminated by YouTube (for, I believe, copyright violations). So it's clear the MCN model is dead at this point.

wait wait wait.... this MCN does editing? I kind of agree that this website does not look legit or at least like it was created yesterday. Their knowledge base only goes back about 30 days. Can't imagine how they could afford to support a channel Not saying completely discount the MCN but the longest contract I would be willing to sign would be 30 days with cancelation option with 0 penalties. From there I might be willing to go into a 3month contract AT MOST. It's just to new. Is this an O and O MCN or a AC MCN?
Very good advice, however, as of 2017 MCNs cannot lock channels into dead-end contracts and never release them. Assuming the channel is on the Affiliate CMS, then they can just 'Remove Access' from their YouTube Creator Studio and will be unlinked in 30 days. The MCN can't reject this request from their end (unless the channel is on the Managed CMS).

It used to be the case that the 'Request to unlink' button could be rejected by the MCN. Now that is dead and gone.

Last edited:

Jeff

Hey There!
Reaction score
Oh, and why do I get the feeling that TotingGames here is a plant? Sure, he joined in 2019 but only has posted 11 posts in all that time. Eight of which is in this very thread. TotingGames, your first name wouldn't happen to be Austin, would it? [Folks, that's the first name of the "president" of this rip-off company.]
I did some quick research on this Austin Rowsell fellow, as I saw his name listed in the 'contract'. I'm sorry folks, but I don't consider this to be a serious contract: https://398abf41-07cd-403b-91af-99d4b09d5aa9.filesusr.com/ugd/ef9587_693f3e41b8a04c108739576f1254d281.pdf

I've seen many MCN contracts and I can tell you this one doesn't look very serious or something that I'd sign. Sure, a legal agreement can be made by just writing something on a napkin with crayon, but the way the contract looks gives the image it was just slapped together last minute (the font is different at parts too). However, I'm not a lawyer and this is just from my point of view.

Also, you're dead on that TotingGames is a plant. Simple Google search proves that: https://www.facebook.com/austin.rowsell.1 (ToutingGames is linked on his Facebook page):

(Honestly, it was pretty clear TotingGames is Austin since he staunchly defends the network. I've never seen a partner who isn't the owner fight tooth and nail for a network they are part of, haha.)

Last edited: