What is your Writing process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone. What is your writing process like? Do you have a special place you like to write? Cafe/outside/desk? What software do you use? Do you just write bullet points and keep the rest in your head? Do you type or actually put pen to paper? Let me know!

I usually will write at my desk with google docs for my stand-up comedy bits. If I am inspired by something in the moment, I will sometimes write ideas in my phone or just a list of jokes that I can save for later.

For my comedy sketches, I actually write a script with Fade In or Celtx, because those are actual film productions.

So what do you do? Let me know!

Raffy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I keep everything in composition notebooks and have my own organizational values placed in them accordingly. My entire YouTubing career (since Dec. 1st) is kept in my comp books. I write future episode ideas, potential collabs, what to do in vlogs and keep track of all my other social media. Also included is all my equipment I use along with school work to help balance YouTubing and school.

Nothing special atm. If I become a bit more dedicated, I may improve my system. But for the moment, it holds out pretty well.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Since my videos are more improvisational in nature, I tend to just write out a bulleted list beforehand (if that), so I can be sure to hit the points I want to make without getting caught up in memorizing lines or anything.

The Tech Chap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have two kind of videos. One is a hands-on product-oriented video where I sit behind the camera and talk about the phone/tablet/whatever. For these, I just have an iPad off camera with a dozen bullet points highlighting specs/things to mention.

For my full reviews, i'll completely script it and read it off my home-made teleprompter (iPad and some glass!). I write conversationally but will, at the end, record a few minutes of be ad-libing and place that somewhere in the video to break-up the 'teleprompter stare' effect.

basically, a combination of both :)

Juzey

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I usually write out a full script on Google Drive, using my tablet which is a little inconvenient (but less inconvenient than using the main computer and wearing headphones so my dad's violin playing doesn't give me a headache). I don't have a particular place I like to write, I'll even write it in frees at school if I have nothing better to do.

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Hello Everyone. What is your writing process like? Do you have a special place you like to write? Cafe/outside/desk? What software do you use? Do you just write bullet points and keep the rest in your head? Do you type or actually put pen to paper? Let me know!

I usually will write at my desk with google docs for my stand-up comedy bits. If I am inspired by something in the moment, I will sometimes write ideas in my phone or just a list of jokes that I can save for later.

For my comedy sketches, I actually write a script with Fade In or Celtx, because those are actual film productions.

So what do you do? Let me know!
I usually have tons of paper lying near or on my clipboard (for organizational purposes) because I tend to write a lot of ideas down on paper. Sometimes I'll use Google Docs for stuff, but I'll also have a notepad open on my desktop (I tend to have quite a bit of them). Most of what I write down is for remembering things or just making bullet points for videos (vlogs mostly), etc.

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
My writing software is an actual notebook that lies next to my bed, it's kinda a mix of a book with scripts, a (dream) journal and whatever made me happy or is in my mind.

I have been writing 5 books so far (Okay 4,5. One book was twice as small as the other books)
It goes all the way back to 2012 where I wrote my own versions of scenes from Disney Channel and Nickelodeon sitcoms and just scenes from my own sitcom that I had in mind.
At the beginning I would just watch Comedy Shows and films on TV and bring my book with me so I could write down my version of jokes etc whenever I saw something funny but at this point I don't get my inspiration from Comedies anymore but just from my own life and the format from my scripts have slowly changed from teen sitcoms to to YouTube vlogs/stand up comedy.

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have a notepad on my desk that I usually jot down stuff on but a lot of my video audio scripts comes from my reaction using a comedic persona. However I plan out a lot of what happens in my videos beforehand using bullet points and just having a mental note of what I am doing. I think am lucky since my mind runs around all day so am always fresh with ideas, usually anyways :p

CaptainDelugo

Even Blackbeard is scared of me!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For my projects I just get ideas everywhere. I mostly save some of the rough sketches of these ideas on my pc and just execute them with tons of improvisation :)

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
well i do kinda list videos of songs so i just listen to all the music and judge them and place them between either 1-10 or what ever number im doing it to

Status
Not open for further replies.