What is "branding" exactly?

this might sound like a dumb question, but when people say "branding" what do they mean exactly? i keep hearing about how important branding is for your videos, but what is meant by that? your personality/what makes you unique? or is there something more than that? thanks for any advice. www.youtube.com/retrotulip

branding is basically how you decide to "package" yourself and your channel its gives an identity. Its your name your logo/graphics and look and feel of your channel. Also if you brand yourself well its actually insanely hard to change your name afterwards so choose your identity wisely. :)

branding is basically how you decide to "package" yourself and your channel its gives an identity. Its your name your logo/graphics and look and feel of your channel. Also if you brand yourself well its actually insanely hard to change your name afterwards so choose your identity wisely. :)
ahh i see. so its basically like my whole image or identity. thank you for clarifying that for me.

ahh i see. so its basically like my whole image or identity. thank you for clarifying that for me.

hehe np. Just take your time on that and plan it because if you decide you dont like the image you created for yourself its terrihard to change it ^^

Pretty much what UrbanLamb said :) when people talk about branding your channel, its generally the brand/theme that you have become known for doing :)

oh ok, i figure ill let my style shine through and let my brand or image come naturally.
i'd also add that one of the most important tips in youtube is to make sure that you let the audience get to know you by making your personality shine through in your videos :)

Back