What happened to YouTube

I heard about it. I also noticed it by some youtubers. What irritates me about it is that it is also hurting youtubers who don´t swear or make adult content. There´s a atheist youtuber who speaks critically on religion and certain politics and her channel doens´t show up if I type it in. She even made a video about it. So they also used it to silence people.

I'm no longer worried over what happens on Youtube because I've reached the point where I can pretty much operate independently of it. I'm now a creator on another site, where I feel much happier and safer. I've already established a following there and I'm perfectly content to stay there.

That said, if you're comfortable and better off using Youtube, that's great, but please have some compassion for the people who were hurt by past experiences on Youtube or are scared of what's going on. Clear information on exactly what's happening is scarce enough anyway, mostly panic-inducing opinions. All that many people are wanting is just to know that everything's going to turn out fine in the end and they won't be subjected to penalties they can't even possibly have known to exist.

A lot of us aren't here to encourage the fall of Youtube just to prove a point, we're simply no longer satisfied with what we feel Youtube has to offer, either because of the site's own decisions, the effects they have on creators, (especially small ones) or even just the feeling that we're no longer considered important, significant, or worth anything to them because they no longer need us.

Robots think like that due to their inherent bias toward efficiency but we're not robots and shouldn't be treated as such. We're human, we have feelings of our own, and when a site many of us grew up having a magical time on turns into a "Jyggalag" society, it's completely understandable why some of us feel betrayed and belittled. If we make mistakes, chances are most of us would be more than happy to correct it, but nothing is more frustrating than trying to protect our channel and our content from a company that doesn't even know we exist, much less care what happens to us as a result.

It's precisely this mindset that will lead to the downfall of any major corporation, even if it takes decades. It was built on a dream, inspired and shared by people, living human beings, and when that dream has all but been forgotten, it starts to decay and degrade to the point where it has to fight to stay in business (by listening to the customers that remain) or cease to exist. Youtube is no exception and others are beginning to feel the sting of their neglect.

People tend not to stay where they don't feel welcome and this is the exact reason why I made the switch to another website.

I can see where the problem is, but I also don't agree with trying to silence people. When it comes to ads and companies, it's not really YouTube's fault. Companies pick and choose who they want to work with all the time. Now, the fact that YouTube is making certain people unsearchable and won't work with certain people because of them cursing, is ridiculous. Put a window that says the channel might be sensitive and leave it at that if they want to protect themselves. Obviously, if you make controversial videos, you aren't going to get as many people willing to work with you. But that doesn't mean YouTube should shut you out.[DOUBLEPOST=1501722453,1501722411][/DOUBLEPOST]
I heard about it. I also noticed it by some youtubers. What irritates me about it is that it is also hurting youtubers who don´t swear or make adult content. There´s a atheist youtuber who speaks critically on religion and certain politics and her channel doens´t show up if I type it in. She even made a video about it. So they also used it to silence people.

That's completely wrong and shouldn't be happening.

It's never been a better time to be a YouTuber as mainstream media starts taking content creators a lot more seriously. It's no longer just about funny cat videos and your mate slipping on some ice. It's also about high quality content and talent. With that though, youtube needs to put things in place to protect its business, and de monetising certain types of content is one of them.

The key to thriving is to diversify your income. If you produce controversial content and just rely on adsense, then you're asking for trouble. (Onision is classic case). I don't have controversial content, but I'll certainly be looking into different income streams such as amazon, patreon, merchandise, having my own website running ads, and of course sponsorship deals.

I don't think youtube is going down the pan. It's only just beginning. And if you think about it properly and work out a good monetisation plan, there's no need to worry.

So it's pretty clear that in the last year or so YouTube has gone to shi*t because of this family friendly content rules. It has put a serious restriction on a lot of creators as now they have to bleep every swear word which for some YouTubers is killing their content. I understand that it is beacause they want a child friendly site but isn't that what the YouTube kids app is for? Don't under pay creators becasue a few parents don't monitor their kids and complain when they click on a PewDiePie video and he said f***k? maybe i'm wrong, what are your opinions?

I thought cursing was supposed to be minimal now? You can still cuss just keep it to a minimum at least that's what I read on the new guidelines. I have nothing to say about pewds lol.

Not going to lie, this is the first time I have heard this mentioned so in reality it can't be that much of an issue.

Back