What DSLR should I buy?

HightLink

Posting Mad!
Hey, I wanna start a new channel this summer and I was thinking It could be about skating. I wanna do the videos look as better as I can, so I was thinking investing a DSLR to start with. What should I buy? I kinda want something to film at 60fps so I an do some slow motion editing. The budgets it's from 0 to 700$

I'm biased, but from my experience in that price range get a Canon T3i or 600D equivalent, used if you can. Then with the rest of your money invest in a mic (first priority), a fast prime lens (like a 50mm f1.8 or so), and a tripod.

Granted that isn't what I'm filming with, just from my experience that should get you decent footage.

I'm biased, but from my experience in that price range get a Canon T3i or 600D equivalent, used if you can. Then with the rest of your money invest in a mic (first priority), a fast prime lens (like a 50mm f1.8 or so), and a tripod.

Granted that isn't what I'm filming with, just from my experience that should get you decent footage.

That is very good advice, I'd advise OP to follow it! t3i is an amazing camera for the price point, Make sure you check out Magic Lantern for it!

I was thinking at 600d to but i'm a beginer so I want more opinions before I buy it.
I will invest in a Cam Caddie rather than a tripod because I need mobility, a fish eye, and a go pro.

What camera do you use?

I was thinking at 600d to but i'm a beginer so I want more opinions before I buy it.
I will invest in a Cam Caddie rather than a tripod because I need mobility, a fish eye, and a go pro.

What camera do you use?

The T1i was my first DSLR actually, that series is really beginner friendly. The Cam Caddie looks great, just make sure it supports the weight of your body and lens or it'll be a bad time lol. A fish eye can be extremely expensive, like 1k+ offbrand and used.

I shoot with a 7D, 16-35mm L f2.8, rode videopromic on a manfroto videopro head tripod... normally, I have a few lens equipment from my photography studio so I mainly use DSLRs for my videos.

The T1i was my first DSLR actually, that series is really beginner friendly. The Cam Caddie looks great, just make sure it supports the weight of your body and lens or it'll be a bad time lol. A fish eye can be extremely expensive, like 1k+ offbrand and used.

I shoot with a 7D, 16-35mm L f2.8, rode videopromic on a manfroto videopro head tripod... normally, I have a few lens equipment from my photography studio so I mainly use DSLRs for my videos.

I didn't think about the weight, thanks for the heads up.
Your videos looks really great, your camera worth the money.

In my country they don;t sell Rebel T3i, they call it 600d. The lens and other stuff I'll buy from the money that I will make from youtube (hopefully:bag2:)

I didn't think about the weight, thanks for the heads up.
Your videos looks really great, your camera worth the money.

In my country they don;t sell Rebel T3i, they call it 600d. The lens and other stuff I'll buy from the money that I will make from youtube (hopefully:bag2:)

It's fun filming with a DSLR, and it sounds like you are trying to do location filming. Keep in mind that you might need spare batteries and memory cards then. I tried filming with my 600D before and on a single battery and 16 gig SD card it was all drained and filled up within 40 minutes.

What camera do you use?

If you want to go with one of the tXi numbers, go with the t3i, the t4i is pretty terrible for the price.
Also you can get some fairly cheap decent shoulder rigs on eBay.
It is pretty beginner friendly, so get it <3
t3i and 600d are the exact same thing, just different names to appeal to different markets :)

It's fun filming with a DSLR, and it sounds like you are trying to do location filming. Keep in mind that you might need spare batteries and memory cards then. I tried filming with my 600D before and on a single battery and 16 gig SD card it was all drained and filled up within 40 minutes.
If you want to go with one of the tXi numbers, go with the t3i, the t4i is pretty terrible for the price.
Also you can get some fairly cheap decent shoulder rigs on eBay.
It is pretty beginner friendly, so get it <3
t3i and 600d are the exact same thing, just different names to appeal to different markets :)

Thanks for the advices, it was really useful and now I know what to buy :up:
Now... what bank should I try to rob? :biggrin:

Back