What do you do when you can't find a good title?

DoStuffJosh

Loving YTtalk
So this has literally just happened to me, so I thought I would ask here .

I just finished editing a new video - only to find that every possible title I can think of isn't very effective at all for SEO (using TubeBuddy).
And now I really don't know what to do, do I scrap the video or do I just role with the possibility of poor SEO and less views.

What do you all do in this situation if you ever have been?

Pro Tip for future self - make sure the title/competition is good before making the video!

Not all good content performs well in search. There will always be videos that you primarily make for you own audience. They still can take off when they are shared in the right place. So I would just choose a title that represents the content as good as possible and go for it.

I don't think I have ever cared about wether my title was good for SEO and I doubt I ever will. I just use a title that explains the video in the least amount of words possible.

Do people only make videos now if they know they can get good SEO ? Haha no wonder people think youtube is bad these days

I feel like you shouldn't scrap your ideas because of that. Make a title that fits the video and what it is about, and keep it in the back of your mind for a possible title change in the future. No biggie.

I don't think I have ever cared about wether my title was good for SEO and I doubt I ever will. I just use a title that explains the video in the least amount of words possible.

Do people only make videos now if they know they can get good SEO ? Haha no wonder people think youtube is bad these days

It's not that I make videos just for SEO but I've been doing YouTube for so long that I like them to perform well, the more people that see it the better, I feel like I can offer entertainment and SEO allows free promotion for my content to be seen. More people, means more opinions and as a result I can better myself as a creator.

I sometimes think that titles don't matter, but they do, it's what makes a person click on a video. So usually I struggle, but try to pick two random things that I talk about. Click baity I admit.

Just say what the video is about. It might not be the most SEO-massaged title ever, but you can't make every single decision based on trying to game the search engines.

Back