What’s your favorite video editing program?

MANRAY17

I typically use blender it’s free open source but can be a bit of a pain I want to do more slow motion graphics and had to do it in photos first then send over the video. Other than that blender is great I use it mainly for 3d printing but just found out it has VE so I dived right in. Is buying after effects worth it? This was my latest video in blender definitely good for free can’t complain. Looking to shoot firearms and get slow mo clips of the action.

I mainly edit in Vegas Pro but I use Adobe products at work... which for now means at home.
Vegas was on sale on Humble Bundle for like 20 or 30 bucks. My friend and I both bought copies. Luckily they also do upgrade sales so by buying the humble bundle version has allowed us to be able to upgrade on clearance.

Vegas 18 just release 4 days ago.
1596802852897.png

I use after effect at work. I realize it's not a video editor program. I just don't really like using Adobe Premiere. The only reason I want to learn Premiere is because it's cross-platform. Hopefully this year, I'll force myself to learn Premiere better, but for what I need to do for work After Effects has been great.

I got sucked into Adobe suite, it's about $32/month :confused: but you get everything needed, Premiere Pro for video, photoshop for thumbnail designs & lightroom for RAW photo editing, will try to learn After Effects in future.

not sure, but $53/month is scary

tell me about it lol

sadly... by the time I was old enough to buy photoshop they already switch to the subscription model. (actually they switch before I even knew how to use photoshop) idk I'm not a fan of subscription model for software though I understand why they do it. I missed the era of owning the software...

I use Magix software and recently they started including subscription models into their software as well but you can still buy a single version. I'm worried that soon enough it will be strictly a subscription model.

Not to plug my other thread (except I'm totally doing that) I made a thread all about how BMW is switching to a subscription model for their car features... and agh that seems like a bad idea for consumers.

To bring the convo back to the original topic... I'll end by saying I used to use Windows Movie Maker on Window XP, and then the terrible remake on Window 7.
I also used iMovie onces or twice. But Vegas Pro feels the most right, probably because Vegas Pro was original an audio editor and I was using Audacity the audio editor before I got into video editing.

Back