Ways to Create Props or Costumes?

BossKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm interested in your opinions and ideas on free or cheap ways to create props and costumes for videos. I have a monthly budget of $35 to spend on "YouTube" which means costumes, props and equipment and that budget has been spent with 10 days left in the month.

What have you done to create props and costumes? Remember, very cheap or free.

KdawgCreations

KC Punk! KC Punk!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer
Cardboard, glue, paint, newspaper , miscellaneous items , YouTube :p If it can look good and still be done DYI cheap, than I call it a success :p

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I 100% agree with the goodwill idea. You can find so many good things there. You can find numerous objects that could be used as props. If you have one near you,go to it. If you don't, find thrift stores. You wouldn't believe the stuff you can find there,for half the price of big name stores.

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
I bought most props from cheap stores or order them online.

And sometimes I try to make them myself, I made a fake smartphone/tablet by adding 20+ layers of duct tape to a piece of paper lol

thumbhais

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually just ended up picking stuff from party city and some felt material. It's cheap and easy to use!

BossKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I bought a green black board poster roll (5"x12") and I'm using that as a green screen. So far, it is fairly effective. Need to get another light or make a light kit so I can get rid of shadows.

I know this is probably going to sound dumb, but I just recently found out about "free craigslist" where people post random things all for 100% free. So far I found a nice CRT tv for my videos.