Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i know how to Check it in minutes, but is there a way I can check it in hours? Does the new YouTube policy count last years watchtime and how long after the 30 Days is that last years counted?

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the only way to do it is to select "last 365 days" in your analytics and then it's just down to good old maths. There isn;t a way to change that metric as far as I know

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To check the watchtime in hours simply divide the minutes by 60. I.e. if you have 6000 minutes of watch time, that's 100 hours of watch time. And btw if your stats are huge, YouTube analytics give you the results in hours (even years) for better overview.

Back in 2015 in order to be able to contact YouTube staff with direct e-mail support they required the channel to have 15,000 watchtime hours for the previous 90 days! While it sounded pretty impossible to achieve for the small YouTubers like I was back then, by a happy coincidence they just introduced Live Streaming. So I've streamed a pretty popular game and my stream was getting 40-50 concurrent viewers at time. Thanks to the stream (also the watchtime from the regular videos and the archived streams), I was able to achieve the goal and finally contacted a human at YouTube and asked for a feature to be enabled to me (which they did).

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1516388706,1516387895][/DOUBLEPOST]
To check the watchtime in hours simply divide the minutes by 60. I.e. if you have 6000 minutes of watch time, that's 100 hours of watch time. And btw if your stats are huge, YouTube analytics give you the results in hours (even years) for better overview.

Back in 2015 in order to be able to contact YouTube staff with direct e-mail support they required the channel to have 15,000 watchtime hours for the previous 90 days! While it sounded pretty impossible to achieve for the small YouTubers like I was back then, by a happy coincidence they just introduced Live Streaming. So I've streamed a pretty popular game and my stream was getting 40-50 concurrent viewers at time. Thanks to the stream (also the watchtime from the regular videos and the archived streams), I was able to achieve the goal and finally contacted a human at YouTube and asked for a feature to be enabled to me (which they did).
Do You have to keep your livestream on your channel after you’re finished livestreaming for it to count watchtime?

Imagination Playtimes

Reaction score
Sort your watch time by last 365 days (not last year 2017). Then look at your total minutes. Say it's 200,450 minutes. Divide that by 60. You'll have 3,340 hours of watch time.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1516388706,1516387895][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do You have to keep your livestream on your channel after you’re finished livestreaming for it to count watchtime?
I had some livestreams with music claimed by Merlin (They never release their false claims even if I slam them with licenses and written permissions from the authors), so I had to delete some of the streams. The deleted videos appear in the analytics as "Unidentified video". So, the answer is yes, live streams are counted in the watchtime in analytics, even if they are deleted after (or made unlisted/private). But their views won't count in your total channels views that appear in the channel about section if they are made unlisted/private or are deleted.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I had some livestreams with music claimed by Merlin (They never release their false claims even if I slam them with licenses and written permissions from the authors), so I had to delete some of the streams. The deleted videos appear in the analytics as "Unidentified video". So, the answer is yes, live streams are counted in the watchtime in analytics, even if they are deleted after (or made unlisted/private). But their views won't count in your total channels views that appear in the channel about section if they are made unlisted/private or are deleted.
Thank you!