Viral videos. Pure luck or mastermind worthy?

JTAphotographs

Ask me anything. ANYTHING! o_O
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer, Designer, Cartoonist
yeh :) pretty much luck and/or a big company who makes it buy loads of views, comments, likes etc... so that it trends on the internet :D

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I would say luck. For a lot of viral videos it seems the people only hit the record button and whatever happens happens.

JostenVlogs

I Vlog Everday On Youtube
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Check out the videos on reddit and you'll be surprised how quickly they'll gain views. I'd post a video their if you'd want to see if it can viral.

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Luck..... AND making videos about a meme, or another hot topic seems to work for others.

Kath

True Wub :wub:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
For viral videos, I would say a lot of luck for sure.....and usually, they're something odd, intriguing, quirky......I mean..look at 'sittin' on the toilet'........just some random video of her singing that, gets millions and millions of views.....people want to share that because they want to talk about it, like "have you seen this crazy video?" etc. As for Vlogs going viral, it takes luck, but also, a lot of personality and hard work too :) No doubt about that!

Future History Projects

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
yeah, but supposedly theirs a formula for a viral video. 15-30 second, raw camera footage. something unbelivable. but youtube is all about luck