Viewers Not Getting Notified When a New Video Is Out?

TheLittleWorldOfJonah

Youtube really needs to fix this mess... I have made tons of videos with 75 subscribers and only getting latleast 15 views on them. I have had DMs saying that they didn't know I was making videoso because of this mess. Any idea on how to fix this mess?

Damn, you've only just noticed this now? The solution is to tell your subscribers to click the bell icon next to the 'Subscribed' button; this gives them notifications when you upload.

Of course, this is a temporary solution - we'll have to wait until YouTube actually announces a fix for their broken algorithm.

Damn, you've only just noticed this now? The solution is to tell your subscribers to click the bell icon next to the 'Subscribed' button; this gives them notifications when you upload.

Of course, this is a temporary solution - we'll have to wait until YouTube actually announces a fix for their broken algorithm.
Yeah, pretty much. I tell everyone that I get to subscribe to also hit the bell icon. They'll be notified almost immediately once you upload and seem to be more prone to view your video!

I'll be sure to do that... I knew about the bell thing for a while I just didn't know what it did XD... Well hopefully they will find the video too

I agree

If your subs do not click on your videos when they are show on the sub list YT will not show them all of your videos.
Its part of the algorithm and yes the algorithm does hate you.

This is how it is at the moment for smaller channels :( We can only wait and encourage our viewers to turn on notifications

So, I had an interesting conversation with YouTube about this recently. I was told that the Subscriber system was never designed so that subscribers will be notified of every new video that every channel that subscribe to posts. There are "thresholds" in place so that YT does not "spam" subscribers with too many videos.

I was just as surprised as you are right now. I ALWAYS thought that subscribing would mean that I would see all of my subbed channels new videos in my subscribed feed. I kind of thought that was what it meant when I subscribed! It seems that because people subscribe to large volumes of channels, YT not only decides what to show you on your homepage, but on your subscribed page!

That leads us to the notification "bell." As far as my YT rep knows there is no "threshold" on this system. So if a person has the bell checked for 1,000 channels they will get notifications for all 1000 of those channels whenever they post a video.

I feel like Jerry Seinfeld at the rental car booth when he's confused about the reservation process. "If I reserved a car, how do you not have a car for me?" If I subscribed to a channel, why are you not showing me all of their videos in my subscribed feed?

Back