Video Not Showing Up On Reddit

TheLightSkinSmurf

Loving YTtalk
Reddit has got to be the most annoying website I have ever used. I can't even get one f*****g video to show up on that site. I heard they have a "spam filter" and its obviously a really s****y one. Anyone know a way to get around this?

Nope but be cautious, the one time I put a video on there, my likes and dislikes got botted but I eventually got them fixed

The spam filter isn't just meant to filter out bots. It's also meant to filter out people who have a history of posting low success content. If all you're doing is posting your videos, there is no surprise it's being filtered.

The reddit spam policy:

What constitutes spam?

It's a gray area, but some rules of thumb:
  • It's not strictly forbidden to submit a link to a site that you own or otherwise benefit from in some way, but you should sort of consider yourself on thin ice. So please pay careful attention to the rest of these bullet points.
  • If you spend more time submitting to reddit than reading it, you're almost certainly a spammer.
  • If your contribution to reddit consists mostly of submitting links to a site(s) that you own or otherwise benefit from in some way, and additionally if you do not participate in discussion, or reply to peoples questions, regardless of how many upvotes your submissions get, you are a spammer. If over 10% of your submissions are your own site/content, you're almost certainly a spammer.
  • If people historically downvote your links or ones similar to yours, and you feel the need to keep submitting them anyway, they're probably spam.
  • If people historically upvote your links or ones like them -- and we're talking about real people here, not sockpuppets or people you asked to go vote for you -- congratulations! It's almost certainly not spam. But we're serious about the "not people you asked to go vote for you" part.
  • If nobody's submitted a link like yours before, give it a shot. But don't flood the new queue; submit one or two times and see what happens.
To play it safe, write to the moderators of the community you'd like to submit to. They'll probably appreciate the advance notice. They might also set community-specific rules that supersede the ones above. And that's okay -- that's the whole point of letting people create their own reddit communities and define what's on topic and what's spam.

The spam filter isn't just meant to filter out bots. It's also meant to filter out people who have a history of posting low success content. If all you're doing is posting your videos, there is no surprise it's being filtered.

The reddit spam policy:

What constitutes spam?

It's a gray area, but some rules of thumb:
  • It's not strictly forbidden to submit a link to a site that you own or otherwise benefit from in some way, but you should sort of consider yourself on thin ice. So please pay careful attention to the rest of these bullet points.
  • If you spend more time submitting to reddit than reading it, you're almost certainly a spammer.
  • If your contribution to reddit consists mostly of submitting links to a site(s) that you own or otherwise benefit from in some way, and additionally if you do not participate in discussion, or reply to peoples questions, regardless of how many upvotes your submissions get, you are a spammer. If over 10% of your submissions are your own site/content, you're almost certainly a spammer.
  • If people historically downvote your links or ones similar to yours, and you feel the need to keep submitting them anyway, they're probably spam.
  • If people historically upvote your links or ones like them -- and we're talking about real people here, not sockpuppets or people you asked to go vote for you -- congratulations! It's almost certainly not spam. But we're serious about the "not people you asked to go vote for you" part.
  • If nobody's submitted a link like yours before, give it a shot. But don't flood the new queue; submit one or two times and see what happens.
To play it safe, write to the moderators of the community you'd like to submit to. They'll probably appreciate the advance notice. They might also set community-specific rules that supersede the ones above. And that's okay -- that's the whole point of letting people create their own reddit communities and define what's on topic and what's spam.

I don't only submit my videos and I've commented on other things. These rules are beyond stupid & I don't have a history of posting low success content. Reddit has already admitted that alot of legit videos get caught in the spam filter.

I don't only submit my videos and I've commented on other things. These rules are beyond stupid & I don't have a history of posting low success content. Reddit has already admitted that alot of legit videos get caught in the spam filter.
Reddit is a waste of time for YouTube. It will only bring haters and dislike bots.

I just left that stupid site alone! lol It confuses the heck out of me! lol

Reddit is a waste of time for YouTube. It will only bring haters and dislike bots.

Yeah but it can also give you exposure if you're lucky enough. There's a guy on here that had his video go viral thanks to reddit.[DOUBLEPOST=1374974872,1374974743][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just left that stupid site alone! lol It confuses the heck out of me! lol

I also left the site alone but I always end up going back to it to give it one more chance to not p**s me off.

Yeah but it can also give you exposure if you're lucky enough. There's a guy on here that had his video go viral thanks to reddit.[DOUBLEPOST=1374974872,1374974743][/DOUBLEPOST]

I also left the site alone but I always end up going back to it to give it one more chance to not ******* me off.
lol its not worth it bro...let it go! lol

Back