Video Descriptions

RashadTheCreator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I wanted to know exactly what I should put in the description of my videos and how important those descriptions are. I've heard from a few sources that Youtube uses video descriptions the same way they use tags i.e they show up in the search engine or will pop up next to related videos. Is this true?

If so, how much information should I put in the description of my videos? On my channel I review movies and tv shows, if that helps.

Thanks!

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Descriptions are important and title and tags are too. This will improve your chance in being found on Youtube. I am not sure exactly how long a description should be but make sure to have keywords and search phrases in the description. You can use a tool called Tubebuddy to help you out with finding good keywords and to see if it is posible to rank on the keywords you picked. Tubebuddy is free to use by the way

Frontier Forge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just don't overload your description with keywords. I think the term is tag stuffing, and if I recall correctly, the algorithm will ignore it then.

RashadTheCreator

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just don't overload your description with keywords. I think the term is tag stuffing, and if I recall correctly, the algorithm will ignore it then.
Thank you! I didn't know about tag stuffing before[DOUBLEPOST=1548427746,1548427704][/DOUBLEPOST]
Descriptions are important and title and tags are too. This will improve your chance in being found on Youtube. I am not sure exactly how long a description should be but make sure to have keywords and search phrases in the description. You can use a tool called Tubebuddy to help you out with finding good keywords and to see if it is posible to rank on the keywords you picked. Tubebuddy is free to use by the way
Thanks for this! I will get TubeBuddy asap

Reactions: Frontier Forge