VidCon 2018!

Life of a Film maker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually snuck in last year with 2 of my friends and it was pretty easy. i vlogged it. Personally i dont think it was worth it. if you're just a big fan of youtubers and would be excited to meet them i guess its cool but i highly doubt you're gonna be able to get any opportunities to collab or do buisness with bigger youtubers there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Lock

kevinboston7

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone!

VidCon 2018 is coming! ^_^ The US VidCon still has cheap-ish tickets for sale until November 30th (super early bird), and February 28 (early bird):

VidCon is also popping up again in Amsterdam in March:

And another Australian VidCon is anticipated to happen next year (the dates are still to be determined):

Have you gone to VidCon before? Which ticket level did you purchase in the past, and did you think it was worth it? What did you do there, and did you learn helpful tips for your channel? Do you want to go this year, and/or would you go again if you had the chance?

I'm thinking I might go this year, but the price of the ticket + hotel + car or airplane travel is kind of steep... I'm curious what other YTtalkers are planning! :)
Oh VidCon an amazing video conference that happens every year in California I would love to go to VidCon this year but I'm probably not going to because I can't afford it it would probably cost about $7,000 for the hotel and for food and for the ticket today event but hopefully something can happen can you buy last minutes tickets to VidCon or do you have to act on it fast if I could scrounge up some money I would definitely go

Life of a Film maker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Oh VidCon an amazing video conference that happens every year in California I would love to go to VidCon this year but I'm probably not going to because I can't afford it it would probably cost about $7,000 for the hotel and for food and for the ticket today event but hopefully something can happen can you buy last minutes tickets to VidCon or do you have to act on it fast if I could scrounge up some money I would definitely go
7,000? You eating and staying at 5 star resorts plus flying in 1st class? Lol

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think $7000 also sounds a bit high, although I'm thinking in USD currency...
The event is June 20-23, 2018, which probably equates to 5 nights (June 19 - June 23), + 1 departure day, June 24

Hotels are going for about $200 USD per night
So, 200*5 nights = $1000
+ We could probably assume another $200 spent on food, depending on where someone eats. Maybe less if you go to grocery stores, but more if you eat out at restaurants
+ assuming the regular $200 ticket price
= $1400
And that's the bare minimum before travel costs and touristy things! :eek:
Airplane travel costs would probably be about $400 - $500 from where I live in Colorado, if you buy ahead of time. I've seen tickets go for $260 during the summer, but it's rare.

It can add up fast... If you don't live near LA (or have folks you could stay with), I'd probably plan for a $2k-ish USD vacation, or more if you are international...

Flying during the weekend (June 24) might be more expensive than staying an extra day, which is another thing to consider. ^_^

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
if you can get really great tips and be able to collaborate with top youtubers then it will be worth it...if it just a bunch of successful youtubers boasting and/or doing motivational stuffs then might as well save your money

Onyx Arcane

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Wish onyx can go. Onyx is just stuck in this broke void