Using Supermii avatars in Youtube videos

KristofferWid

Reaction score
Hi guys

There is an app called Supermii, which let's you create your own anime style avatar. Can I use the avatar I made in that app for Youtube videos?
The idea is to use avatars and make short animations with voice over, but I'm really stumped when it comes to copyright.
Would I be able to use avatars from the app and monetize the videos?

Thanks! :)

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
First, welcome to YTtalk, I hope you enjoy your stay here. Check out the introduction section and introduce yourself to the whole forum :laugh2:

I doubt you would get in trouble for copyrights.
By definition, your work would be transformative. Custom Avatars, Custom Animations, Custom video. I'm not a lawyer but I personally think you should be able to use it and even monetize it when you start qualifying for monetization.

That being said, this is their email and website (see image). If you want to be super sure you could always contact them. That being said... even if they say no, doesn't mean it's actually copyright infringement. (Remember I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice)

It could be trademark infringement if you use their logo without permission without making it clear that you giving them credit.
It could also be patten infringement if you claim to be the one who created to tool to do this and start selling it lol
But I've never seen a video claimed for those, nor do I actually think it would be either of those.

1596802004603.png

but remember
1596802245491.png

and this is not legal advice