Uploaded at 720p but video only gives option of 144p?

So I rendered my latest video at 720p the same way I have with all my other videos and while all of them start with only the option of 144p the rest of the quality options usually process and become available within a few minutes or so. However the last video I uploaded has been up for 13 hours and still only lets viewing in 144p?

Is this common? I'm new to youtube so maybe this happens a lot? Should I just leave it awhile longer or try re uploading it?

So I rendered my latest video at 720p the same way I have with all my other videos and while all of them start with only the option of 144p the rest of the quality options usually process and become available within a few minutes or so. However the last video I uploaded has been up for 13 hours and still only lets viewing in 144p?

Is this common? I'm new to youtube so maybe this happens a lot? Should I just leave it awhile longer or try re uploading it?

Does the video mention it's still processing? YouTube usually says above the video whether it's still processing, though 13 hours is a bit extreme, could be a glitch.

I would try re uploading the video, normally such a thing doesent happen but there times where maybe the way that your video was exported was not in a format that youtube may have liked. I would check to see if the problem has fixed it self, if it did then thats great. But if not try reuploading it to youtube if that still doesnt fix it, then try reexporting it from your editor, it could be that your editor is exporting in a format that youtube doesent really like. If thats so just google what file types to export in. I personally export in a .mov file or .wav file and it works just fine.

Tends to happen, it means it still processing all the information. If it keeps happening try to re-upload?[DOUBLEPOST=1409150985][/DOUBLEPOST]Tends to happen, it means it still processing all the information. If it keeps happening try to re-upload?

Does the video mention it's still processing? YouTube usually says above the video whether it's still processing, though 13 hours is a bit extreme, could be a glitch.
No, but when i originally tried to publish, it did say that it was still processing and was stuck on 95% for about 20 minutes so I went back into the editing screen and after about 5 minutes it went to 100% and I was able to publish and view it then?[DOUBLEPOST=1409151285,1409150997][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would try re uploading the video, normally such a thing doesent happen but there times where maybe the way that your video was exported was not in a format that youtube may have liked. I would check to see if the problem has fixed it self, if it did then thats great. But if not try reuploading it to youtube if that still doesnt fix it, then try reexporting it from your editor, it could be that your editor is exporting in a format that youtube doesent really like. If thats so just google what file types to export in. I personally export in a .mov file or .wav file and it works just fine.

I've been uploading in .wmv format as i read that it was one of the better formats for youtube? Would .mov or. wav be more suitable?

Youtube can be really slow sometimes and has to process video quality but it shouldn't take 13 hours ?
At most 1 hour.

Tends to happen, it means it still processing all the information. If it keeps happening try to re-upload?[DOUBLEPOST=1409150985][/DOUBLEPOST]Tends to happen, it means it still processing all the information. If it keeps happening try to re-upload?
Youtube can be really slow sometimes and has to process video quality but it shouldn't take 13 hours ?
At most 1 hour.

Yeah think i'm just gonna go ahead and reupload it! Thanks for the replies everyone!

No, but when i originally tried to publish, it did say that it was still processing and was stuck on 95% for about 20 minutes so I went back into the editing screen and after about 5 minutes it went to 100% and I was able to publish and view it then?[DOUBLEPOST=1409151285,1409150997][/DOUBLEPOST]

I've been uploading in .wmv format as i read that it was one of the better formats for youtube? Would .mov or. wav be more suitable?

.MP4 is recommended, with MP4 my videos usually process 5 minutes after uploading is done.

Usually it depends on the file size or the day you upload, YouTube has specific days of being faster or slower.

Back