Trying to do a Let's Play....

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
ok... Just got xbox live... got a headset with a mic... and I have a DVD recorder to record game footage for my stuff. My main question.... how do I record commentary during the gameplay? I can hear myself and everyone else just fine through the headset... but I can't seem to make so I can hear the banter coming from the TV itself... and if I can't do that, the recorder only records the game footage itself. I already tried to make the voice options on XBox come from the speaker or from both the speaker and the headset... but it's just not working. All the actual TV puts out is just the game music/sounds, and not my voice or anyone elses. What do I do? It just makes the lets play so much easier to do if I can record the commentary and the game at the same time instead of having to add the commentary afterwards. It's why I bought the damn headset to begin with.

You have to record your mic separately to the game audio through the computer if you want to do that...

I don't make xbox gameplay commentaries, but i'm pretty sure you got to record your mic separately on the computer.

pretty much you gotta record through your computer the voice options work for others in a live party if u wish to record their voices but for your own you have to record separately

Hmm guess I'm gonna have to set up my computer next to the xbox. the only problem is i won't be able to record anybody elseand it will seem like i'm talking to myself. Or do the other people's voices appear on tv?

Hmm guess I'm gonna have to set up my computer next to the xbox. the only problem is i won't be able to record anybody elseand it will seem like i'm talking to myself. Or do the other people's voices appear on tv?
If you are recording the sound from the xbox/tv, it will. I'm not sure if it would work if you have the voices going through the headset, but if it's coming out of the tv, it should work!

hmm ok so to get this clear... causr my headset actually has outputs for both.... if I record the gameplay, it should record the other ppl talking.. but my voice will be recorded on the computer seperately. So MY own voice never comes out of the TV set, just everybody else's. Is that correct?

hmm ok so to get this clear... causr my headset actually has outputs for both.... if I record the gameplay, it should record the other ppl talking.. but my voice will be recorded on the computer seperately. So MY own voice never comes out of the TV set, just everybody else's. Is that correct?
Yup :)

Back