Thumbnail questions

Skully

So I would like to start adding in custom thumbnails to my videos to give it a more professional look and im running into a wall. There isn't much online that's labeled for reuse and modification SO what I was thinking maybe I could take screenshots of in game footage and modify that. Would I be ok doing it that way? I'm pretty new at this and I don't want to get in trouble for copyright infringement or alternatively if you guys want to share how you get around this issues it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

So I would like to start adding in custom thumbnails to my videos to give it a more professional look and im running into a wall. There isn't much online that's labeled for reuse and modification SO what I was thinking maybe I could take screenshots of in game footage and modify that. Would I be ok doing it that way? I'm pretty new at this and I don't want to get in trouble for copyright infringement or alternatively if you guys want to share how you get around this issues it would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.
uh, I'm pretty sure if you're doing videos of in game footage a thumbnail of this footage is less infringement than a whole video.

But I'm not claiming any of the content as my own or making modifications to any of the content. With the thumbnail I would be.

You'll rarely get into trouble for your thumbnails unless you're blatantly stealing someone else's or censored material that should not be displayed. I often pick a fun/cool moment from the game, add my face and enhance the image to make it look more dynamic.

Investing in custom thumbnails is definitely a good move. Due to the huge amount of video's on YouTube you need to stand out!

If you are afraid of copyright claims on your thumbnails, why not use the Google images setting where Google images only display royalty free images?

This has helped me out in the past and I still use it.

Not at all. you are taking screenshots from your own content, and on top of that if you modify it, (adding a font, photoshopping something, etc) the risk is even lower, so don't worry.

Back