Thumbnail Quality

KaroshioGames

Hey all,

I've been searching around and cannot find anything regarding this but my issue is basically that when adding a custom thumbnail the quality is just crap basically.

I tried with both 1280x720 and 1920x1080 and both ended up looking pretty much the same.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening/how it can be avoided that would be great.

Could you try saving the image for web and devices from file > save for web and devices File format PNG-24

I usually do my thumbnails in 640x360 and they look alright for me in terms of quality and stuff. I save them in png as well.

Give that resolution a go?

Best of luck :)

Could you try saving the image for web and devices from file > save for web and devices File format PNG-24

Tried that out and it seems there was a very big quality improvement but it's still not as clear as it really should be.

I usually do my thumbnails in 640x360 and they look alright for me in terms of quality and stuff. I save them in png as well.

Give that resolution a go?

Best of luck :)

Same again with this one really, better then my original but still just not good quality.

Thank you for the replies.

I do my thumbs as 1280x720 PNGs. The biggest trick is getting the right colors, contrast, and size to still look good when it's shrunk down to the tiniest size.

I wouldn't say my thumbnails are special or anything, but I think they look decent and are better than random frames.

Back