Thumbnail Feedback?

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I recently got banned from a discord for upcoming youtubers for saying that "get better thumbnails" isn't explained enough to be useful feedback, so I decided to ask about it here today. So how are my thumbnails? And if they could be better, what exactly can I do? Could it be one of the reasons why my channel is dead?

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Ah, yes, just saying 'get better' isn't constructive at all xD You need to explain what is good and bad about them and offer solutions.

The first thing that I notice in your thumbnails is a lack of consistency. They are all very different. Your minecraft thumbnails have quite a consistent theme (same placing of the logo, reoccuring green character), but your trading card thumbnails are completely different. You won't recognize them as your content. Maybe you should make a template which you can use for all your thumbnail, so that you can instantly recognize a video as a Avrona video as soon as you see the thumbnail.

Hope this helped n.n

Reactions: AmberAndGolden

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What exactly should be in the template though?

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
What exactly should be in the template though?
That's up to you. A template can be as ridgid as exact placement of a text/logo, or more flexible with just guidelines on using the same text/colors everytime. For example, if you look at my thumbnails I use the same font everytime, primary colors and a screenshot of myself (preferably in a bit of an expressive pose). It creates consistency and makes them recognizable.

Dayn Brian

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thumbnails is one of the hardest thing to do if not the hardest. The thing you need to keep in check are:

1. Consistency
o Use same color palette
o Use same font

2. Eye catching
o Do you think you would click on your thumbnail? If yes,then you're doing fine. If not,step it up a bit!
o Is the thumbnail appealing? Does it comprehends the video title

3. Branding
o Some experts say that thumbnails should have at least one of these,your face,your logo and your color scheme

To sum up,you're doing fine but can do better! Every video will tell you what's wrong and what's right.

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thumbnails is one of the hardest thing to do if not the hardest. The thing you need to keep in check are:

1. Consistency
o Use same color palette
o Use same font

2. Eye catching
o Do you think you would click on your thumbnail? If yes,then you're doing fine. If not,step it up a bit!
o Is the thumbnail appealing? Does it comprehends the video title

3. Branding
o Some experts say that thumbnails should have at least one of these,your face,your logo and your color scheme

To sum up,you're doing fine but can do better! Every video will tell you what's wrong and what's right.
I don't use anything that has a specific colour.

I don't use any text except for game logos.
Yes.

Yes.
I do have my logo in the top left of all my thumbnails.

And what can I do better? What exactly should I change?

Reactions: Dayn Brian

Dutchie Abroad

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger

Yes.

Yes.

Now, please don't take me wrong on this, but you are making it very hard to help you. We have already given you a bunch of tips and things to do better, but you have to be critical on your own work. If you already think your thumbnails are clickable and good, why are you asking for help?

Reflect a little more critical! We already mentioned you are inconsistent and don't have recognizable thumbnails. So choose a font and color and stick to it! We can't do it for you. We are giving you loads of tips, but you are the one that has to accept them and do something with them.

Sorry if this post comes on a bit strong, but every time I try to help you, I feel like I am talking to a wall and you just keep talking in circles.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk

Dayn Brian

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer

Yes.

Yes.

For instance,when playing a game and something happens in it,make sure to write it out on the thumbnail, If you almost died,then that would be great as a text for the thumbnail.

As Dutchie in England said,do self reflect a bit. Ask a friend for an opinion on the thumbnail. Always ask for an opinion because someone might see what we might not see[DOUBLEPOST=1504692459,1504692409][/DOUBLEPOST]
Now, please don't take me wrong on this, but you are making it very hard to help you. We have already given you a bunch of tips and things to do better, but you have to be critical on your own work. If you already think your thumbnails are clickable and good, why are you asking for help?

Reflect a little more critical! We already mentioned you are inconsistent and don't have recognizable thumbnails. So choose a font and color and stick to it! We can't do it for you. We are giving you loads of tips, but you are the one that has to accept them and do something with them.

Sorry if this post comes on a bit strong, but every time I try to help you, I feel like I am talking to a wall and you just keep talking in circles.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn EVA-L09 met Tapatalk
Honestly,I have to agree on what you said!

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you already think your thumbnails are clickable and good, why are you asking for help?
Because thumbnails are something that came up when I asked what I can improve. And it's just my opinion. Of course I think they are good, because I know the thought process behind them. I personally know that I put as much time in to making it as was necessary.
So choose a font and color and stick to it!
Like I said, I don't include text or anything that can be coloured in into my thumbnails.
We are giving you loads of tips, but you are the one that has to accept them and do something with them.
I know that, just the only applicable thing said so far was to add text. I really don't know how you came to such conclusions from a post with only 4, short sentences. Plus me not commenting on useful feedback doesn't mean I ignore it. I read it, and unless I have some questions about it I won't mention it, because what am I suppose to respond to it with? Just "ok"?
Ask a friend for an opinion on the thumbnail.
I have none that know about my channel.
As Dutchie in England said,do self reflect a bit. Ask a friend for an opinion on the thumbnail. Always ask for an opinion because someone might see what we might not see
Exactly, like I said above.

I just created a video of me playing a round of Pokémon Trading Card Game Online with a friend of mine. So what should I include in a thumbnail for that?

Reactions: Dayn Brian

Dayn Brian

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Because thumbnails are something that came up when I asked what I can improve. And it's just my opinion. Of course I think they are good, because I know the thought process behind them. I personally know that I put as much time in to making it as was necessary.

Like I said, I don't include text or anything that can be coloured in into my thumbnails.

I know that, just the only applicable thing said so far was to add text. I really don't know how you came to such conclusions from a post with only 4, short sentences. Plus me not commenting on useful feedback doesn't mean I ignore it. I read it, and unless I have some questions about it I won't mention it, because what am I suppose to respond to it with? Just "ok"?

I have none that know about my channel.

Exactly, like I said above.

I just created a video of me playing a round of Pokémon Trading Card Game Online with a friend of mine. So what should I include in a thumbnail for that?

I think the easiest way to look at this is going to youtube and searching for how to make thumbnails. You'll get better tips from experts who have been doing it for a few years