Thumbnail design tips

XtremeN00Bz

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Alsi use good fonts or the thumbnail will looks horrible![DOUBLEPOST=1375285282,1375285260][/DOUBLEPOST]Alsi use good fonts or the thumbnail will looks horrible!

Justin Fowler

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Awesome, thanks for the info. I'd also include something about the best colors to use to draw the user's attention.

SimieForever

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. I believe thumbnail is what can really attract people. Thanks for the tips by the way!

Shlawoo

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I really agree with all of this!

theDXT

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I was on Tumblr the other day and found this template for thumbnail creation.
edwardspoonhands.com/post/49182864997/hello-everyone-that-has-ever-made-a-custom-youtube

It shows what youtube content will overlap your thumbnail and everything. It is very very useful.

SDFgamer

Kind of a youtube noob
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
My size is: 1820 by 1000 and it works like a charm
i just take a screen shot from something i come across during the episode and put the title and episode number over that :)
Sort of like Bdoubleo100 does :D

gregbowes

Happy Halloween!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for sharing your thumbnail suggestions! This is definitely on my to do list tonight :)

QwertyCake10

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think in mobile devices the blind spot for thumbnails is actually the left hand corner as opposed the right.

DawgethPlays

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
For gaming channels, I recommend using a screenshot from the episode you are posting.
This is a great tip, and something I've experimented with various times in the past. It works great especially if you have something that's changing over time. Your progress shows in the thumbnails as your game progresses.

Great thread, tips, and I think I'm going to change a chunk of my thumbnails now!