This starts to SUCK

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I am literally dying right now. So let me explain why I am so f**king upset. I usually get on SoundCloud, type in some keywords and look for "commercial use" licences, because I hate using those Royalty Free Songs for my videos, they suck. But SoundClouds filter function is so bad, it makes me sick to search for the right song, can't narrow anything down.

Now, if any of you is using SoundCloud in order to find the right songs. How are you managing this painful process? How do you find good songs or small artists that will be happy if you would use their music in a video.
Any tips?

Reactions: KorrensEmber

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I use exactly one song from YouTube (that I started using with my cooking videos, and now it sounds like my cooking videos to me, even when I hear it on other people's channels). Other than that, I use music that a friend of mine wrote and performed. She's happy to have it out there, and I'm happy to have a free source of music. I think it can be super-challenging to find music if you are looking for a lot of it that hasn't been used to death in YouTube videos before.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

and_the-teddy_bach

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think it can be super-challenging to find music if you are looking for a lot of it that hasn't been used to death in YouTube videos before.
Exactly ... It is nice to have musician around you. Many of my friends only play music, but don't write it.

KorrensEmber

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
theres tons of channels that promote artists that arent signed to major labels or any labels at all so you can use most of their songs here are some channels - NoCopyRightSounds and MajesticCasual (this channel has a really good mix of music compared to no copyright but theyre both good)

Zachary Thomas

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer
My MCN gives me access to free music, but before that I used sovndwave.com there's some pretty cool music there and its royalty free

Reactions: and_the-teddy_bach

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
No Copyright Sounds, Royalty Free Music ... B*tches & TeknoAxe are all YouTube channels I'd personally recommend in terms of high-quality music. I'd also suggest Spike's Vibes & OurMusicBox - both of whom are members of this forum, but I can't tag them for some obscure reason.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Exactly ... It is nice to have musician around you. Many of my friends only play music, but don't write it.
finding music does kind of suck. I'm also fortunate my buddies are in a band, they let me use their music in my videos. I use their songs in my action videos (mountain biking, road biking, skiing, etc).

subversiveasset

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Is the consensus here that YouTube's official audio library is simply too limited? I see that no one has mentioned it.

(As for me, I don't have a lot of experience in getting music though...my channel is all covers that I have performed)