This is why I DON'T Trust No Copyright music!

JacksonClarke

Reaction score
Actually, it's important to clarify that just because a song is not copyrighted does not mean that it is not registered in the Intellectual Property!
The author of a non-copyrighted song is still the owner of the copyright, but he gives a Creative Commons license to his song so that people can use it freely (but this doesn't mean that anybody can do whatever with the song, the author is the legal owner and nobody can replace him).

So, if you are using a non-copyrighted music track on your YouTube video and suddenly you have a DMCA claim, contest the claim by restoring audio and checking that you have a license or written permission from the proper rights holder, and then contact the original author of the song to let him know that someone may have plagiarized his work.

SunilKumar

Reaction score
I used Youtube Audio Library for years. I wanted to try something different. So, I searched and found 150+ High Quality copyright-free music tracks that can be downloaded in a ZIP file. You can download them too. Thank me later.

Essie Kelly

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I agree, the ban on covers also annoys me. Why can't we just show our talent.. And many find themselves in songs. All these prohibitions can be circumvented by making a cover recording the singer's voice. To do this, you need to download any video on YouTube, where the artist performs his composition and sing on his own background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JacksonClarke

LiborioConti

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
To do this, you need to download any video on YouTube, where the artist performs his composition and sing on his own background.
Sorry, have to comment on this. What you suggest, is a dangerous road to take unless you have the permission to do so. The quality of the recording is irrelevant as you still use copyrighted material within your video(s). With each song, you potentially infringe the copyrights of many (composer, lyricist, singer, producer, ..) It is enough if one stumbles across your cover and has a bad day, files a DMCA takedown notice, YT pulls your video down and you receive your first copyright strike. Sure, some may be fine with the possibility that this will never happen but it is important to know about the risks. The safest route would be to obtain a license and there are a few platforms out there that can help you with that. Not going to place any links here but you can use google "license cover song" - that way, your video will be on your channel today AND tomorrow.

km.00

Reaction score
Actually i would just recommend to avoid youtube channels with "royalty free music" because it's usually works just the way you said, but there are lots of good sites on the internet with whole archives of music and sounds that you may use freely and never worry. Im personally using all the sites mentioned above and this one too https://mubert.com/render never had no problems with it, plus their music is quite good for any video.

Hadiheidari

Reaction score
Hello Gys!
Have you ever tried to get a sync license from the owner(publisher)? How does the process work? Is it affordable ? Is it a waste of time? I would appreciate any info.