Third Party Content vs. Copyright Strikes

Toothpaste35

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
4 of my videos have matched third party content but under my settings it says copyright strikes are in good standing? Does this mean I have 4 strikes? 0 strikes? How many strikes until YouTube closes an account.

Also, some of the music wasn't copyrighted when it was uploaded but a year later it's copyright now? What to do about this?

unknown_userr433436365

Networks and GFX Expert :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
4 of my videos have matched third party content but under my settings it says copyright strikes are in good standing? Does this mean I have 4 strikes? 0 strikes? How many strikes until YouTube closes an account.

Also, some of the music wasn't copyrighted when it was uploaded but a year later it's copyright now? What to do about this?
If you have those it means 1 you can`t be partner until they`re gone and 2 If you don`t remove them the company who gave them to you (music company) will most likely give you a copyright strike, they`re like a warning... Remove The Videos

Toothpaste35

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have those it means 1 you can`t be partner until they`re gone and 2 If you don`t remove them the company who gave them to you (music company) will most likely give you a copyright strike, they`re like a warning... Remove The Videos
If I make the videos private will I still get a strike?

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Sometimes things change. Like recently Sony of Japan started to crack down in people using music published by them... and they went back and muted my 3 or so year old videos because of this.

Toothpaste35

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hmm, I'll just move them to a seperate channel or something

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
yeah man my new video i just uploaded got the content id thing and i was wondering that to are you sure it will turn into an actual strike after a while?

TheWastedTruth

Yeousch Partner
Reaction score
Matched 3rd party content simply means the owner of said content is allowing you to continue to keep the vid up but all ads/money from that vid goes to them. They can change that at anytime and you will get a copyright strike without any further warning or chance to remove the video.

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Matched 3rd party content simply means the owner of said content is allowing you to continue to keep the vid up but all ads/money from that vid goes to them. They can change that at anytime and you will get a copyright strike without any further warning or chance to remove the video.
dang man how many strikes you need before you cant get with a network?