The views went crazy!

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay I have no clue what just happened, but I wanted to share it with you all, so I was just minding my own business, when my newest video all of a sudden got like 140views in 3 minutes out of nowhere and then after these 3 minutes it goes back to getting few views here and there. what is this? can someone explain lol xDwhat.png

Last edited:

PizzaBoyKevin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Well it could be someone testing a viewbot or you could have just gotten a lot of traffic due to tags or having your video pop up in the recommended videos section on another slightly more popular video. But either way great job and I hope this isn't the last time something like this happens to you.

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you want to post an image, click 'Upload a File.'

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wait until YouTube updates today's analytics (will take a day or two.) Then go into your traffic sources for the 29th. You'll be able to see if most of those views came from suggested videos, youtube search, external, etc. Hopefully, they all came from suggested videos.

Reactions: markkaz and Crown

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wait until YouTube updates today's analytics (will take a day or two.) Then go into your traffic sources for the 29th. You'll be able to see if most of those views came from suggested videos, youtube search, external, etc. Hopefully, they all came from suggested videos.
Yeh, that's probably the best way to find out, just wanted to see if anyone shared this experience.

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A couple days ago, I had a surge in views out of nowhere for two of my videos. Even though it slowed down a bit, it's still going after 48 hours. When youtube updated my analytics last night, I saw that most of them came from suggested videos.

Reactions: Crown

Funzo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A couple days ago, I had a surge in views out of nowhere for two of my videos. Even though it slowed down a bit, it's still going after 48 hours. When youtube updated my analytics last night, I saw that most of them came from suggested videos.
that might be the case, we'll see I guess

SerjEpic

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If the views are not viewbots you might be going up in the Youtube landscape.