• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyvictreebel

PokeTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Today, I am going to be discussing why sub4sub and botting subscribers is a horrible thing. I have tried sub4sub, but I have never tried bots. From others experiences they seem to have the same effects. Now before I get started, I would like to say that I, by no means, encourage either of these methods of early growth, and I regret ever trying sub4sub in the first place. It was a big mistake I made when I first started out, and I got about 10 subscribers from it. It was a bad choice, and it got me nothing but false numbers. Now I have a true subscriber base, and it is one of the best feelings in the world.

Why is sub4sub so bad? Well, when you think about it, you are just getting a bunch of subscribers by subscribing back right? Not exactly. Most people who take part in sub4sub are only trying to increase their numbers, and they couldn't care less about the people they are subscribed to. This selfish behavior is why when most people try sub4sub, their number of subscribers go up, but the number of views, likes, etc. stay the same. The people who subscriber because of sub4sub are not really interested in what you do. They only subscribe because you subscribed to them, and usually they don't watch a single one of your videos. All it does is make it look like you have more subscribers than you really do.

You might be thinking, "That doesn't sound too bad", but in all actuality, it is really serious. When a person goes onto a channel and sees that they have, let's say, 500 subscribers and only 250 views on their most popular video, that person is going to think something suspicious is going on. I have found myself doing this exact thing several times when looking at other channels. I looked at one channel that had over 1,000 subscribers, but their best video had around 400 views. When I saw that, I immediately knew something was up. A general rule of thumb for knowing if someone is doing sub4sub is if their most popular video has less than the number of subscribers they have.

Now, if you have already tried sub4sub, and you want to steer away from it, here are some suggestions I recommend. First off, stop all sub4sub services or message boards. This may seem obvious, but I just want to emphasize it. If you just tried it a couple times, this shouldn't be too hard, but if you have gotten more than 50 subscribers from sub4sub, you are in some deep trouble. If you just did it a couple of times, just stop and try to build a real subscriber base from cross promotion or social media. These are great ways to start out a channel, and they give you real subscribers instead of fake numbers. If you have gained a lot of subscribers from sub4sub, you might consider making a new channel because it will take a long time to create a true subscriber base after a lot of sub4sub. I only recommend starting a new channel for people who have gained over 100 subscribers from sub4sub because when people see all those subscribers with only around 40 views on your best video, people aren't going to take a second look at your channel.

For those of you who are not getting anywhere and are considering sub4sub to get started, I just want to say DON'T DO IT! Sub4sub is one of the worst thing you can do to a new channel because you will not get any real subscribers, and it will only boost the number of subscribers you have, not the number of viewers you have. You want your videos to be what people subscribe to your channel for, not because of some sub4sub network. If you are not getting noticed, try posting on sites like Facebook and Twitter to get your friends to watch them, and if your videos are truly good they will share them with their friends. If you have already tried this method, I would recommend Search Engine Optimization. This is key to getting your videos noticed by people who aren't your friends. I'm not going to discus how to get better at SEO, but if you want me to I can. Just don't use sub4sub.

Thank you for reading this article, and make sure to vote for the article you think I should do next. By no means do I claim to know it all about YouTube, but I have picked up on a lot of neat tricks along the way. Stop sub4sub before it is too late.

VanCityVideo

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I definitely agree with what you're saying. It sucks that you had to learn the hard way! Until you get to a certain size, it looks pretty bad if you have more subscribers than average views on your videos. I'll just try to keep growing organically for now!

Reactions: shinyvictreebel

Michael Cimicata

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Fantastic post. I am completely against sub4sub and you're absolutely right...it is nothing but a false gain. At the end of the day, it is wasted time that could better be spent producing videos!

shinyvictreebel

PokeTuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm finally starting to lose a bunch of my sub4sub subscribers, and I am really happy. I don't want people subscribed to my channel unless they are going to at least watch some of my videos. I personally don't subscribe to anyone's channel unless I like every video I've seen from them, but that's just me.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV
Status
Not open for further replies.