That 'I want to give up' feeling.

Yeah there are these periods of depression and all, but in the end, it's all about doing what you love, and not listening to those who want to just take control over your life... It's YOUR life, after all. Best to be simple and happy than to have all the wealth/high reputation in the world and be miserable because your greatest dreams and wishes are still unaccomplished...
Listen to yourself and most of all, in these darkest hours, just have faith.

Alright, I feel that you're legitimately being honest and sincere with this post. So my reply to you holds no jokes, no quirky remarks, just a little help from a friend.

Do you know why people do what they do? The people who go after their stuff? It's passion my friend, passion. You have to love it! You gotta love it, it's gotta be the thing YOU WANT TO DO! You wanna vlog even when people dont want to watch you? THEN YOU GOTTA VLOG TO ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO WATCH! EVEN YOU IF YOURE THE ONLY PERSON WHO WATCHES IT!
I use to do stand up in front my stuffed dinosaur, when not a soul would bother laughing at my material.

You gotta film even if no one wants to watch you, because filming/youtubing was given to YOU!. You do what youre suppose to. You wanna produce something amazing, but you dont know how to? LEARN!!!! Do whatever is needed! Just go and put yourself out there, if you want it then you have to go out there and action on it. You have to be willing to experiment, you have to be willing to fail to succeed. You have to be willing to form and develop new friendships and bonds.

It's on you, completely on you. No one is going to bring it to you on a gold dish with trumpets telling you; here is your dream and your choice fully realized without dark times. No that doesn't happen. Yeah its hard, it's difficult, its demoralizing that's right and IT IS WORTH IT!

Which brings me to my last point. That it's necessary to look to the future and know that its possible to be successful and achieve our dreams. Other have done it and that means YOU can do it too. You fail alot of times? Well a lot of people fail a lot of times and then they succeed and so you know its possible to do it too. It's required to think that you can get it. It's required you get do nothing negative people out of your life.It's required to never stop experimenting, testing, learning and perfecting yourself.

It's up to you.
Find a way to win. :)

I hope you can pull yourself back up and not give up.

To an extent, whenever I get a dislike on one of my videos, it gets me just as much motivated as if I got a like.

The reason is, I'm just like, "I'll show you that you made the wrong mistake! :D" Kind of feeling xD

GURRRRL! don't give up! i used to feel like that all the time because for some reason every time i would upload a video no matter what it is or how "bad" or "good" it is, i always seemed to get 1 or 2 dislikes after i uploaded it and i mean right after i upload. it used to really used to bother me but then i began to think... they are just a HATER and if THEY had a real life they wouldn't wait till the minute i upload a video then dislike it. and on the plus side more than likely wherever your dislikes are coming from are non youtubers so there feedback shouldn't effect you because like you said you put time and effort into your videos and in the end they probably wouldn't even know how to cut and paste a video let alone make it look decent. so keep on truckin gurr! :)

I get the same way. Not even with the dislikes, with them I'm just like 'meh'. But I just get so demotivated. I'm like, "no one is watching these and they're not helpful" and then I just want to stop. I remind myself that I have to keep going just because I ENJOY doing it and whoever does watch the videos enjoys it too. I gotta remind myself of that whenever I upload.

Back