ShaiandTy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! We're all about helping the youth love themselves and working through the hard topics like sexuality, middle school-high school relationships, and what love should look like but our target audience 13-17 year olds aren't watching our videos. We have more of the 25-34 age range watching our videos. Any advice on how to reach them? We've realized that our videos are too long and that we weren't optimizing keywords. We're also thinking about changing our background. Maybe have it kind of look like a Vlog but the topic isn't about what we're doing, it'll be about sex, love, or marriage. What do you guys think about having those types of conversations while out and about?
Any suggestions would help!
Thanks!

Brigadier Glyte

Reaction score
I'm going to be blunt here; you've got a long way to go.

First off, your thumbnails. Could use a lot of work, including (but not limited to) a palette overhaul, a new font, not having text stuck behind the video length icon, etc.

Second, audio quality. It's really muffled, and not terribly 'immersive'. It's like watching someone else's conversation without the chance to participate. I just don't feel drawn in, as if you're having a conversation with me. Get a shotgun mic, it will only set you back ~$50 for a decent quality one.

Intro. Needs to be snappy. I watched your first video, and the first few seconds were good. Something 'shocking'. Follow it up with a funny joke. Delivery needs more energy. Again, make it more emphatic, and less like you're having a conversation among yourselves.

In essence, you're not drawing in my age group because we have a smaller attention span and higher 'standards'. Your titles are good, and video quality is decent at least, but everything else tags too far behind.

I'm not trying to be harsh, just to improve you must see your flaws. To grow, you have to do at least one thing better than the competition. At the moment, this just isn't the case.

ShaiandTy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm going to be blunt here; you've got a long way to go.

First off, your thumbnails. Could use a lot of work, including (but not limited to) a palette overhaul, a new font, not having text stuck behind the video length icon, etc.

Second, audio quality. It's really muffled, and not terribly 'immersive'. It's like watching someone else's conversation without the chance to participate. I just don't feel drawn in, as if you're having a conversation with me. Get a shotgun mic, it will only set you back ~$50 for a decent quality one.

Intro. Needs to be snappy. I watched your first video, and the first few seconds were good. Something 'shocking'. Follow it up with a funny joke. Delivery needs more energy. Again, make it more emphatic, and less like you're having a conversation among yourselves.

In essence, you're not drawing in my age group because we have a smaller attention span and higher 'standards'. Your titles are good, and video quality is decent at least, but everything else tags too far behind.

I'm not trying to be harsh, just to improve you must see your flaws. To grow, you have to do at least one thing better than the competition. At the moment, this just isn't the case.
Thanks for the feedback! Not harsh at all, we want to hear what your age group thinks!

Brigadier Glyte

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! Not harsh at all, we want to hear what your age group thinks!
When you're scriptwriting, you need to be much more snappy. Taking your first video, here's what you could do to spice it up:

Instead of "Just like, amateur p***... I remember it being really weird to me, like..."

Try to make it more along the lines of "Amateur p***... is weird. VERY WEIRD INDEED!" dramatically, as you stare at the camera. It captures the viewer much more effectively, as it shows them that you're talking to them from the get-go. More jokes, more jumpcuts, more overacting.

ShaiandTy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you're scriptwriting, you need to be much more snappy. Taking your first video, here's what you could do to spice it up:

Instead of "Just like, amateur p***... I remember it being really weird to me, like..."

Try to make it more along the lines of "Amateur p***... is weird. VERY WEIRD INDEED!" dramatically, as you stare at the camera. It captures the viewer much more effectively, as it shows them that you're talking to them from the get-go. More jokes, more jumpcuts, more overacting.
Okay, yeah we definitely can spice it up! I also wanted to know what you thought about the background? Did you read what I was thinking of doing?

Brigadier Glyte

Reaction score
Okay, yeah we definitely can spice it up! I also wanted to know what you thought about the background? Did you read what I was thinking of doing?
I skipped that bit because I'm not quite sure what you mean.

ShaiandTy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What do you think of our background? Do you feel like it should look more like video blogging? Where we will talk about these subjects while we're out and about like a normal day.