Take a look at your first video vs. your latest one.

Altairsfriend

I've Got It
How have you improved? How has your technique changed? What have you learned from your time on this site?
Finally, what are you wanting to improve on at the moment?

I joined this site relatively when I first created my channel so in some weird way I stick to these forums a lot more than normal.

I've improved on a lot of things from my first vid to my now most recent.

I don't think they are the worst things on there, that goes to unregistered hypercam minecraft lets plays and dank vine comps but if I could I would totally go back and fix them up more lol

How have you improved? How has your technique changed? What have you learned from your time on this site?
First video: My 20mm gatling gun shooting down a drone missile. Awesome content, but it is shaky, terrible camera quality (max is 240p), and there are black bars on the sides.

Latest video: a video of my GF's Dalmatian windshield wiper decal. Not the most exciting content, but it's in 1080p, no black bars, and I added epic music to something totally not epic, I find that funny for some reason.

I normally have high quality and actually edit and add effects to my videos now. I do a lot of slow motion stuff and use music to make them more exciting. From this site I've learned where to get music and some other random settings for my channel. I've also met some people on here that are cool. I've done one collaboration from this forum so far.

I need to come up with new video ideas, you can only record dogs in slow motion so many times before it seems repetitive (but I still do it!)

oh jeez. I had no idea what I was doing in the first video (still don't, but I at least pretend I do :p). It was choppy, not well thought out, terrible quality.... and *shudders*

Since then, I feel like the improv skills have improved. I've become way more relaxed on camera and actually put some thought into my videos. Creating community is a big deal, especially one that is there to not only relax at the end of the day, but to learn. We're here to learn, and do it in a way that feels natural and fun. For that to happen, the guy behind the camera (me) needs to be able to reflect that, and I think I'm getting there - slowly but surely. Confidence has also been a big deal lately.

From here on out, I think one of the major things is genuinely making people feel welcome from the first video they watch. After watching people like Markiplier for so long, I've come to realize that they are who they are, because other people feel welcome and part of something awesome when watching the videos. People actually FEEL like they're part of the video. How to do that? I have no idea (any pointers would be kewl). But it's a goal to work towards :)

These forums and talking to others who are working towards the same thing is really awesome and encouraging. Thanks to this community for being the encouraging one that it is :)

How have you improved?
Everything is better, the quality, the length the music, theres actual scripts now so I hope its more entertaining too.
How has your technique changed?
Went from MS Paint and Windows Movie maker in 2006, to flash Animation :) also now working with a basic tablet rather than a mouse.
What have you learned from your time on this site?
An absolute ton! the criticism I have received has greatly improved my content, especially with the timing, and the writing. I was able to meet a lot of great youtubers (many of you included), some I have collaborated with (@ApexxWolf ) and namely @Python Blue who is not only a great friend, but has been a fantastic help by producing the musical score for my cartoons.
Basically everything. I want the animations to have a more interesting story, im experimenting more with camera angles, colouring techniques, the backgrounds have improved a lot :) and the length! But most importantly I want to be able to produce these faster, and though I am, im also making them more complicated at the same time, so the time it takes to make them ends up the same haha

It is definitely a great way to learn from your mistakes. There are always easy fixes like better lighting, better sound, cleaner editing etc. Getting comfortable with your format is also important and easy to notice from the first to the last.

It is definitely a great way to learn from your mistakes. There are always easy fixes like better lighting, better sound, cleaner editing etc. Getting comfortable with your format is also important and easy to notice from the first to the last.
Completely agree with this. When I look back to my earlier videos, I think the biggest transformation has been the editing.

Back