Stuck at 12 subscribers. Need advice on how to grow my channel.

TownCape

Active Member
Hi guys,

I run a gaming channel but I focus on narrative-based video games. I analyse the narratives of video games because I think video games can be great storytelling mediums.

I try to post a video every 1-2 weeks. I have 2 series running on my channel atm:

In-depth Video Game Narrative Reviews - I spend a few months analysing a video game narrative.
Video Game Narrative Nimble - My quick first impressions on the narratives of the latest video games.

My latest video is here:


The problem is that I'm stuck on 12 subscribers. However I have 2,558 views. I've noticed that many channels which get less views than mine have more subscribers. My overall audience retention is about 25 % which isn't too bad or too good.

I have trouble figuring out what I need to do to gain more subscribers. My channel just seemed to have hit an early plateau. Do any of you guys have any suggestions on how I can go about addressing these issues?
 
You don't have that many videos yet, so it's understandable that you have only 12 subscribers. I think if you try to remain consistent with the uploads you should get more and more people interested in watching your videos. I'm not a big fan of these reviews personally. IMO you should stay honest but add some humour or something like interesting facts so it won't get stall. Good luck to you :)
 
I'd definitely recommend getting some social media sites up and rolling to network with other people who game, too
 
Patience, quality videos and sound, promoting your channel (not spamming) via social media, etc. Also a more specific tip, your call to action at the end of the video you posted here isn't really geared towards subscribing. You have a subscribe button but because of the background and all the other things going on the eye isn't really attracted to the subscribe button.
 
Patience, quality videos and sound, promoting your channel (not spamming) via social media, etc. Also a more specific tip, your call to action at the end of the video you posted here isn't really geared towards subscribing. You have a subscribe button but because of the background and all the other things going on the eye isn't really attracted to the subscribe button.

But I see heaps of other Youtubers have similar end cards in their videos. Is it just because the subscribe button is too small compared to everything else?
 
But I see heaps of other Youtubers have similar end cards in their videos. Is it just because the subscribe button is too small compared to everything else?
I just know that at first glance I didn't see the subscribe button, it took me a few seconds to find it. You may want to play with the size, coloring, etc. to really draw attention to the subscribe button.
 
Be consistent in uploads ,Network and remember treat youtube like you do any other social site just don't spam I reached 89 subscribers by networking and keeping consistent in uploads
 
Back
Top