Steps to Getting 2,000 Subscribers (and a MILLION Views)

ApexTV

ApexTV Makes Top 10 Videos!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In this post I will go over some of the ways my channel has managed to acquire over 2,100 subscribers and how you can too! Also, you

1. The first thing you want to focus on is making a channel. Making an attractive channel is different than just making a YouTube channel. This means adding channel art, a decent logo, and a channel description in the necessary places. When is the last time you saw a popular YouTube channel without a logo? If you are unsure on how to make a logo or channel (or thumbnails) you can find a myriad of tutorials on YouTube teaching just that!

2. Next you need to make videos. This will be the primary way that viewers will find out about your channel. For a bonus, be sure to properly brand your channel with an appealing intro, outro, and maybe watermark. I found that on the topic of videos, some preform better than others. Be sure to try new things in terms of creating content, but try to stay focused on an overall niche whether it be paranormal, how to, gaming, or whatever. It goes without saying that the video should be accompanied by an attractive thumbnail, title, keywords, etc.

3. The most important step is to PROMOTE. Whether this means directly promoting your YouTube channel through social networks and online forums or promoting your videos, marketing your channel is completely necessary to gaining subscriber (and views). Many good videos are made that don't get the amount of views they deserve and some bad ones out preform the goods because they were marketed correctly.
Here's what you do: Compile a list of websites, blogs, forums, social networks, and google plus communities that relate to the topic of the video you are about to release. Immediately after you release your video, share it to all these places and you are guaranteed to get the exposure you deserve. Now if you couple this promotion with good keywords, titles, etc. you might just rank at the top of the search results. After all, YouTube is the second biggest search engine in the world.

Thanks for reading everybody, I hope you learned something new! Be sure to ask any questions you may have. Hope this helps and best of luck to all of you!

Time Jacker

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In this post I will go over some of the ways my channel has managed to acquire over 2,100 subscribers and how you can too! Also, you

1. The first thing you want to focus on is making a channel. Making an attractive channel is different than just making a YouTube channel. This means adding channel art, a decent logo, and a channel description in the necessary places. When is the last time you saw a popular YouTube channel without a logo? If you are unsure on how to make a logo or channel (or thumbnails) you can find a myriad of tutorials on YouTube teaching just that!

2. Next you need to make videos. This will be the primary way that viewers will find out about your channel. For a bonus, be sure to properly brand your channel with an appealing intro, outro, and maybe watermark. I found that on the topic of videos, some preform better than others. Be sure to try new things in terms of creating content, but try to stay focused on an overall niche whether it be paranormal, how to, gaming, or whatever. It goes without saying that the video should be accompanied by an attractive thumbnail, title, keywords, etc.

3. The most important step is to PROMOTE. Whether this means directly promoting your YouTube channel through social networks and online forums or promoting your videos, marketing your channel is completely necessary to gaining subscriber (and views). Many good videos are made that don't get the amount of views they deserve and some bad ones out preform the goods because they were marketed correctly.
Here's what you do: Compile a list of websites, blogs, forums, social networks, and google plus communities that relate to the topic of the video you are about to release. Immediately after you release your video, share it to all these places and you are guaranteed to get the exposure you deserve. Now if you couple this promotion with good keywords, titles, etc. you might just rank at the top of the search results. After all, YouTube is the second biggest search engine in the world.

Thanks for reading everybody, I hope you learned something new! Be sure to ask any questions you may have. Hope this helps and best of luck to all of you!
I think you've missed out something pretty important. You have 243 videos over the space of a year. That is one hell of an upload cycle, especially for a new channel, and it makes a big difference. Quality and quantity. The more you have, the more opportunities there are for people to find you. Once they've found you, they have lots of your material to get hooked by.

Congratulations on your success and thanks for taking the time to share some of your insights with us.

ApexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you've missed out something pretty important. You have 243 videos over the space of a year. That is one hell of an upload cycle, especially for a new channel, and it makes a big difference. Quality and quantity. The more you have, the more opportunities there are for people to find you. Once they've found you, they have lots of your material to get hooked by.

Congratulations on your success and thanks for taking the time to share some of your insights with us.
Thanks for the insight, this is very true! Consistency is also key when it comes to getting subscribers! I like your channel by the way (nice videos), so best of luck to you!

Reactions: Time Jacker

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I follow all, I made the channel, I designed it pretty well, I made an awesome intro and outro for my videos. I uploaded my videos consistently, I took the direction of my channel to the very RIGHT. I do promote my videos on Facebook and this helps a lot.

ApexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I follow all, I made the channel, I designed it pretty well, I made an awesome intro and outro for my videos. I uploaded my videos consistently, I took the direction of my channel to the very RIGHT. I do promote my videos on Facebook and this helps a lot.
Nice! Keep making good videos and stick with it! Best of luck to you!

TheKays

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the tips! (And nice channel you have there)
Consistency and quality is really important in my opinion.
I have always had problems with the promoting part. I know the places where to promote (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Forums etc.) But I never seem to be able to promote the right way. I'm just looking for an potential audience for our videos, but where to go?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Thanks for the tips, and congratulations on your success! I'm learning more and more and it's showing, because my channel is growing faster than it did last year, when I first started doing this thing.

ApexTV

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for the tips! (And nice channel you have there)
Consistency and quality is really important in my opinion.
I have always had problems with the promoting part. I know the places where to promote (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Forums etc.) But I never seem to be able to promote the right way. I'm just looking for an potential audience for our videos, but where to go?
Thanks for the nice comment! For promoting your videos, I would recommend Google Plus communities relating to the topic of the video, forums that allow YouTube videos, and sending it to big blogs such as Mashable, Buzzfeed, and Laughing Squid. Obviously not all types of videos will work for blogs and the sort, but depending on the content you may submit your videos to different websites. Good luck![DOUBLEPOST=1455947174,1455946803][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thanks for the tips, and congratulations on your success! I'm learning more and more and it's showing, because my channel is growing faster than it did last year, when I first started doing this thing.
Yes, thanks! I would consider you quite successful too considering you have over 1,000 subscribers and 200,000 total video views. People enjoy your content considering your latest vids all have over 100 views. Even tough the channel I'm running has 2,000 subscribers, sometimes I upload a video and it gets less than 100 views. This is because even though all these people are subscribed, they don't care or like the videos enough to watch each new one. You are doing a great job, keep it up!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Yes, thanks! I would consider you quite successful too considering you have over 1,000 subscribers and 200,000 total video views. People enjoy your content considering your latest vids all have over 100 views. Even tough the channel I'm running has 2,000 subscribers, sometimes I upload a video and it gets less than 100 views. This is because even though all these people are subscribed, they don't care or like the videos enough to watch each new one. You are doing a great job, keep it up!
Thank you very much! It's slow growth, but steady, and the folks who have subscribed seem really dedicated to watching, which makes me really happy. I upload an odd mix of things, so the fact that they all get fairly even amounts of views is pretty interesting to me.

Reactions: ApexTV