Sony Vegas - Delete Audio Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When I first ever used Sony Vegas I ran into this almost immediately, I wanted to be able to remove the audio track and replace it with another but every time I hit the delete key with the audio selected on the timeline it would delete the video clip too. This is a very simple tutorial so it wont really require a video but if anyone makes one specifically for this let me know and I will add it to this post.

First things first, with your clip on the timeline right click the clip like so:

removeaudio-sonyvegas.jpg

After right clicking look for group, hover it with your mouse and then click on Remove from. You can alternatively click the clip in the timeline and hit U on your keyboard which is quicker. This will remove it from the group, when you add a video clip with audio to the timeline theyre automatically grouped.

Now that they are ungrouped you can now delete the audio by clicking the audio clip and hitting the delete key on your keyboard.

You will now have successfully separated and removed the audio from the clip. You can now add your own audio to the audio track or have the clip silent.

I hope this has helped you.

RReview

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for this! You learn something new every day!

RedFox

YTTalk's Fox
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Thank you so much!!
Hey, this thread is just under 5 years old! Make sure to check the post date of the original post or the latest post/s on a thread before replying as it can cause confusion when an old thread is revived.

Locked, thanks. :)

Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.