So I am having a bit of an identity crisis

giant mutant robot

Well-Known Member
So I originally started my youtube channel as a channel for short films and narrative web series. But after a while I left for a short time to concentrate on my personal life and getting that in order, now that it is I have been craving to get back into working on my channel.
But lately I have been interested in doing more of a review show kinda thing for my channel, but I don't want to stray too far away from what I originally wanted to do. But I am finding myself wanting to do stuff more so on the level of Rev3 games and what not.
I know the main rule to getting a youtube channel started is finding out what you want to do and sticking to it.
Any advice?
 
Let me clarify:
I am strongly debating where I want to go with my channel, Like do I want to keep doing the short films rout (like say Freddiew's channel) or go with a channel doing reviews and what not (Like Rev3 games or Nerdist).
So I don't know which direction to go in. Maybe saying Identity crisis was a poor choice of words.
 
Let me clarify:
I am strongly debating where I want to go with my channel, Like do I want to keep doing the short films rout (like say Freddiew's channel) or go with a channel doing reviews and what not (Like Rev3 games or Nerdist).
So I don't know which direction to go in. Maybe saying Identity crisis was a poor choice of words.
Do whichever one you want to more. You can always branch out in the future.
 
Why not do both?

You can set up a schedule for both, as in well one day of the week you will do this, and then the other day you will do the other. If not then just move with the one you like the most :) You might get people who love to see both things or some that like on or the other. I like to point Rooster Teeth at this. They do different things from skits to video game reviews to achievement guides and others, they just set it up by days.
 
Why not do both?

You can set up a schedule for both, as in well one day of the week you will do this, and then the other day you will do the other. If not then just move with the one you like the most :) You might get people who love to see both things or some that like on or the other. I like to point Rooster Teeth at this. They do different things from skits to video game reviews to achievement guides and others, they just set it up by days.

Rooster Teeth, I need to go check them out. Maybe I can balance out both.
 
I would definitely go with whatever you enjoy creating (whether that means having a new schedule or another channel entirely) If you can't have fun making videos that YOU want to make, then what is the point in doing it? (=
 
Back
Top