So....anyone else seeing a massive drop in views?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamRayWalters

I Love YTtalk
3 of my 7 channels are seeing a 50-80% drop in views from the 17th to the 18th. Upon looking at my traffic sources from before the change to after the change, I notice that my most popular videos on those channels have all but vanished from the suggested video sections of other videos. Ouch! lol :-/

I've been hit by algorithm changes hard before but this one is going to sting. I'm hoping that it is somehow temporary but I have a bad feeling.

Anyone else seeing any large decrease or increase for that matter? (there are always winners and losers to these algo changes).

Is that what's going on an algorithm change ? I wondered why I went from. An average of 3k views a day down to 1k :(

Is that what's going on an algorithm change ? I wondered why I went from. An average of 3k views a day down to 1k :(
My drop was sharp and began the last hour of the 17th/first hour of the 18th. You can check the live analytics section of the creator studio and pinpoint exactly when that happened, if your drop occurred during the last 48 hours. These things can rebound, but I'm not holding my breath. I've had this happen before, and it will happen again.

To be honest mine started nearly 2 weeks ago and has not recovered. It is like I have lost 6 months progress and it happened over night, normally I would wake up to over 1.5k views and that morning I woke up to 200 ish views. It has continued ever since :(

To be honest mine started nearly 2 weeks ago and has not recovered. It is like I have lost 6 months progress and it happened over night, normally I would wake up to over 1.5k views and that morning I woke up to 200 ish views. It has continued ever since :(
That's interesting. I've sent an email to partner support just to ask them to confirm that there was a change. Once before I've had a huge drop like this only to have it bounce back literally a couple days later. Other times it took months to rebound. Who knows. Only this channel out of the ones affected was really a major earner. 2 of my channels that do well have seen a slight uptick in views but not nearly enough to compensate for this one.

Kinda off topic question though, why do you have 7 channels? I have trouble keeping up with my one.
Just different genres...projects, etc.
I've actually seen a slight increase from 5 to 6 views a video to around 15 to 20.
That's great to hear. Honestly, if I knew that my 30k views/day that I just lost was helping out smaller Youtubers I wouldn't feel too terrible about it (of course, neither of my two small channels received a bump lol).

Not really noticed much at all
17 and 18.jpg
(not uploaded in a while so nothing has influenced this change.)
the red arrow is the last hour of the 17th as you mentioned, and the whole green section is the entirety of the 18th.
everything seems pretty normal, 18th dropped a bit but popped back up. my graphs are usually up and down like this so I wouldn't say this is too abnormal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back