Should I tell my friends that I make videos?

Denis17

Reaction score
Hey,
I’am a very (very) little youtuber. I have one video up and it has like 5 views, that doesn’t bother me but should I tell my friends that I make videos. I come forma place were that type of stuff is weird but I know some of my friends would like it but I’m still not sure.

what should I do?

Reactions: GiggaVega

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I didnt tell many at first but after some time of making videos I started telling everyone about the channel,,,friends,family,coworkers ,,it is important to note that the channel content is civilized without profanity or other inappropriate behaviors

Reactions: OpiumSymposium

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Views come slow at first. Give it some time and keep creating more content. Having your friends subscribe and watch your videos can definitely help a bit at the start. Personally I wouldn't want my friends to find my YT channel since it can be pretty weird at times.

Reactions: fixedsnuffle

GiggaVega

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I would say go for it bro. Here is the thing I want you to understand, as your channel grows & if it becomes big, like 500+ subs you will see that all the friends & family you invited will be the smallest percentage of your channel. Many people make the mistake of thinking their biggest supporters will be their friends & family, but they will not (harsh words but true) there is a subconscious pressure that you put on them to subscribe & many will never return to your channel. Not because they don't like your content but because today people have a hard time wanting to support people... we are the products of our time.
So invite them, get those numbers up & you will see how little it matters in the end. I currently have been making videos for about a year & 4 months, I am at 227 subscribers (which I am very proud of because we are a close community) literally of those subscribers 20 are friends & family.
Great luck Denis.

Steves World

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
At first I didn't tell many people, BUT NOW I tell EVERYONE..
100% of my videos are Work & Family friend.
IF my video where different, cussing, offensive, etc. I would not tell me co-workers.

Good luck to you.

fixedsnuffle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Other
I haven’t told anybody that I know. Except my wife and I just told her yesterday. I also asked her not to tell anybody we know.
If I get 5k subs then I probably will be ok with more people knowing.

Reactions: GiggaVega
Reaction score
Maybe. I think you should do this. friends give a different feedback than your parents. Often parents say good things, so, they don't hurt you. But that's not critique. How many people go to America got talent because of this "feedback". So, think about it which type of feedback you want.