Should i start over?

cjtalk

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Back in 2017 i decided to start a YT channel educating people about E-commerce. I posted about 250 videos in the span of a year and a half gaining 8,500 subs and about 500k views. The thing is i stopped posting videos over a year ago as i wasn't in the E-commerce space anymore.

Anyways, i recently decided to start posting my music online, and use my channel to upload my songs (since i've already spent the time to grow it). Do you think that's a bad idea? My stats have been terrible, and i wonder if changing my content drastically like i did negatively effected my video placement and maybe even the algorithm.

Example: i used to get about 1000 views a video before, now i get 50 views.

Im starting to think (as much as it would suck) that because my audience didn't sub for music, youtube sees low engagement from them, therefore hindering the videos potential.

Any expertise would be great!

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello guys,

Back in 2017 i decided to start a YT channel educating people about E-commerce. I posted about 250 videos in the span of a year and a half gaining 8,500 subs and about 500k views. The thing is i stopped posting videos over a year ago as i wasn't in the E-commerce space anymore.

Anyways, i recently decided to start posting my music online, and use my channel to upload my songs (since i've already spent the time to grow it). Do you think that's a bad idea? My stats have been terrible, and i wonder if changing my content drastically like i did negatively effected my video placement and maybe even the algorithm.

Example: i used to get about 1000 views a video before, now i get 50 views.

Im starting to think (as much as it would suck) that because my audience didn't sub for music, youtube sees low engagement from them, therefore hindering the videos potential.

Any expertise would be great!

Hello and welcome to YTtalk. :)

Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
hi, congrats on 1st post,,,,,,,,,,
Do you think that's a bad idea? My stats have been terrible, and i wonder if changing my content drastically like i did negatively effected my video placement
I think in the end it's all about your passion, if it's having a lot of views then that should be satisfied, if it's sharing music then you will find an audience with time,,,,,,,, I changed channel topic & name not caring about subscribers numbers or views because the new passion has to be satisfied

AllVisuals4U

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Designer, Other
I think i would start a new channel for your music and let the e-commerce one exist. It are two very different niches. Maybe you could sent some viewers of the old channel to your new one with cards or end screens.