Should I Schedule my Uploads?

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've always been publishing my videos as soon as they are complete. So I usually end up making them live late at night on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I've read that Thursday afternoon might be the best time to publish. I'm almost ready to upload my latest video and I'd love to hear what you guys think about using the Scheduled Publishing feature. I haven't tried it yet. Do you think it will make a difference? I'd love to hear about your experiences with the feature.

Thanks in advance for you input.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the Strategy / Technique advice forum. ^^ The YT tips and tutorials forum is for creating helpful articles based on member experiences, whereas this forum is for asking these kinds of questions. ^_^

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've moved this to the Strategy / Technique advice forum. ^^ The YT tips and tutorials forum is for creating helpful articles based on member experiences, whereas this forum is for asking these kinds of questions. ^_^
Thanks!

K-Crow

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Scheduled uploads definetley help attract new viewers. It gives Subscribers a sense that the YouTuber values their audience,

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I schedule my videos every Monday and Friday at 5pm GMT. and I'll film the day before. main reason being is youtube likes consistency as well as your subscribers do. Also it helps to get you in a routine. I think if I didn't have a schedule I might become complacent if it's been a particularly hectic day at work. having a schedule means I have to get off my backside and get on with it lol.

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't know if it will help anything other than making it easier on you. I use the schedule option extensively. I upload whenever I get around to it, but I have videos already uploaded and scheduled to be published, 1 every single day from now until February 18.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I haven't got mine scheduled but it'd probably be better if I did.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
I'm not sure about what time gives the best views or anything but for me personally it gives me motivation to finish up a video before my scheduled upload and it keeps things organized.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I find the Scheduled Video option helps quite a bit. I like to upload my videos first thing in the morning on Tuesdays and Thursdays (and now the occasional Wednesdays, as I'm creating a new series), and remembering to upload before I head out to work can be a pain. I'd rather have the time in the evening to upload and make sure everything looks right so that in the morning, it'll just release at the time it's supposed to.

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I don't know if it will help anything other than making it easier on you. I use the schedule option extensively. I upload whenever I get around to it, but I have videos already uploaded and scheduled to be published, 1 every single day from now until February 18.
Wow! That is a lot of content ready to go. Good work. I'd love to get a few videos in the bank, but my bro doesn't make it easy. Lots of editing and planning required as well.