Should I bother?

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Just looking for people's impressions and thoughts here...

Just some background before I get to my point...

Often, especially with my more popular uploads, I guard my videos fiercely. If Youtube detects a match that someone has copied and uploaded my video, I have it taken down, no questions. Then there's other times, where someone copies a video of mine, they upload it with a non-descriptive title such as "#2" and their upload has 6 views after 3 years. I let it be. I haven't lost any views due to what they did. No one who was potentially going to find my video stumbled across their video with that title.

A recent match I have received notification of is from a channel based out of Russia. They uploaded a video of which 30% of the content is mine. I presume the other 70% is stolen material from other people. It's a channel with 144 subscribers and the video has 126 views. I translated the title and it's not similar to mine - so, once again, I'm not losing views to this person. Seven months ago, and again one week ago, I posted a comment on the video asking them "You don't give credit and links to the people who filmed these videos?? " Both comments have been ignored. Even though it's probable there's a language barrier, those comments being ignored has bothered me. Some days, I would request removal of something like this, other days I wouldn't. I'm curious what others think. Maybe I'm just bored. Should I bother harassing this small channel?

very intresting, is there a way to put a watermark on your videos from YouTube studio or is it only in the editing process? I also thought of this, but placing something in the corner can be hidden if someone just zooms in a little, maybe moving the watermark a bit away from a corner so that in order to hide it someone would have to zoom in too much where the picture would get too soft thus have poor quality.

Back