SEO advice needed regarding multiple languages and relevant ''tags'' / description

VictoriaFlamel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I appreciate all your help and advice very much!

Last edited:

ShyGirlGetsLoud

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I want more info on this too! Here are some things I have learned.

Well there is nothing in the rules against identifying yourself as a danish female YouTuber ( and it is true), if people search for it then it is relevant.

For your description, I recommend that the first two lines confirm the title, because that how you tube and viewers decide if the title is still relevant to their search. Once you have done that then I think introducing yourself would be great!

Tag the mess out of you video whether that's with plurals and rephrasing just keep it relevant. Because their are so many ways for people to search for one type of video it is acceptable to use that so that they can find you.

This is just some stuff that I have learned so far and I am new too. Good luck

What YouTube cares about most of that you aren't being deceptive with your tags and title and description.

Reactions: VictoriaFlamel

Technomania

its over 9000!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
i tried to do multiple language as well but it turns out that google would not allow it. so that means your tags are only in 1 language, i think its a way to stop spam tags.

Reactions: VictoriaFlamel

VictoriaFlamel

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
i tried to do multiple language as well but it turns out that google would not allow it. so that means your tags are only in 1 language, i think its a way to stop spam tags.
Interesting! But what about descriptions? To me it seems as if descriptions should be doable in both languages.

Technomania

its over 9000!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Interesting! But what about descriptions? To me it seems as if descriptions should be doable in both languages.
my experience with it showed a little help because people read them which will help understand the video a little bit more clearly.

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
We constantly use both Japanese and English in title, description and tags. No problem at all. The algorithm will match your different tags toward the two different audiences and see which one has higher audience engagement metrics. In anyway - do not use different languages just to generate traffic (to trick the algorithm) but if you decide for example to make a movie about your Spanish language studies progress - there is no problem to include some Spanish tags too.

Also you can add/upload subtitles to your videos in any language you desire - there are no limitations here.

For plurals I do not know but I noticed that they can influence significantly your position in the search results especially if they are in the title. Basically use Google trends or AdWords -->Tools--> Keywords planner to find which are the most "hot/popular" and relevant to your channel and interests keywords and keywords combinations/phrases. For the last one you'll need an AdWords account so make one. (Just one warning - do not become a "slave" of keywords and hot topic searches - use the insights you gain with discretion! :) )

Also in the description the first 1 or two sentences are the most important one. You may wish to make them more interesting and relevant to the topic of the video but it is up to you.

Just wanted to add at the end - Good Luck with your channel! :)