Selling T-Shirts

saltydogg

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Have you tried monetizing your subscribers by selling t-shirts to them?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you have to have a pretty big fanbase to even consider selling t-shirts.
By the way your channel-link is not working as far as I can see. what kind of channel have you got?

Blunt Brittany

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with Dave. Merch stores really only work if you have a good size fan base that actually want merch. I've always liked the idea of selling merch for my channel but it will be a while until I hit that point. I've never bought merch either. I would really have to like a YouTuber a lot.. Just my opinion!

Reactions: Brandon

BeanTubes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello, I was thinking about selling some merch and I have about 10,000 subscribers but I feel like you do need to have a decent size following to even think about selling merch to people.

You can give it a shot, I have always wanted to do it just for myself so I would have a t-shirt with my channel logo on.

Good luck!

saltydogg

Reaction score
I feel that in order for merch to sell, yeah a larger fanbase would help, but how large is large enough? Another strong factor will have to be the brand of the YouTuber (ie. does he/she have something very distinct like a phrase or a style etc) that people can identify with.

It would be great if merchandise could be "tested" on your subscribers at no cost at all wouldn't it?

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I've been making merch recently, its based on my original series that's due a comeback.
I think you can sell shirts at any time though, just do print on demand so you won't have to spend anything

saltydogg

Reaction score
I've been making merch recently, its based on my original series that's due a comeback.
I think you can sell shirts at any time though, just do print on demand so you won't have to spend anything
Your content is awesome for merch. Mind sharing hows the response of sales vs subscribers you have?

TylersMagic

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think tshirts can help you monetize your channel but they usually aren't the most effective. If you can offer something directly helpful to the niche you're in, it'll sell better.

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Your content is awesome for merch. Mind sharing hows the response of sales vs subscribers you have?
thank you! The store isn't live yet though so I won't know figures yet :p