Selling merchandise?

caregiver12

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think I have a real opportunity to sell merchandise to my audience. I was looking at something like Cafepress as a low-cost way of trialing it.

Has anyone tried doing this? Is there a better service than Cafepress?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No I have never tried to sell merchandise and I think you should have quite a few subscribers/fan if you want to sell something. Do you have a link to your channel it could be cool to se it

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

Aaron Mendoza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I recently sold a hoodie of mine. I have a small community i have 1k and Spreadshirt is great!

GcpMC.Spreadshirt.com if you wanted to check mine out to see my concepts, and Spreadshirt.com to make a shop!

JerseyClub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
If you are a smaller channel, then I suggest making dope designs that you think people would love to wear in public. IMO I don't think someone would buy your clothing if it just said your YouTube on it. Try being creative and I'm sure some people will buy your merchandise.

Reactions: DayaVera

DayaVera

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Funny, clever designs people can relate to. Make sure you have videos about it or you have said it in a video. For example don't make a design of a funny yoga pose if you are not a yoga channel.
Make sure is great quality and don't overprice.

Gabriel54

Reaction score
I recently sold a stylish lil peep hoodie of mine. I have a small community i have 1k and Spreadshirt is great!

GcpMC.Spreadshirt.com if you wanted to check mine out to see my concepts, and Spreadshirt.com to make a shop!
You're picking and loading in your living room and walking to the post office if you don't have a warehouse to be delivered from. If you've already got an existing website, link from that to a storefront. Shopify is a good choice because you are starting out-but if you 're doing band things, consider Bandcamp as a pre-Shopify choice.
You'll find that shipping things yourself is incredibly challenging. You're dealing with people who are used to Amazon Prime, and expect pretty quick turnaround. Merch takes up a ton of space, and if you do go this route, immediately invest in inexpensive shelving, containers (i.e. tupperware), and labels.

Last edited: