Running a campaign on your channel

Smartie

Loving YTtalk
Does anybody use the campaign option to boost their channel?
Is it even worth it to put it in use?

You will get views during the duration of the campaign, for sure. They're not active viewers, and they're not viewers who will stay for very long, but you do rack up numbers when you run an AdWords campaign.

You will get views during the duration of the campaign, for sure. They're not active viewers, and they're not viewers who will stay for very long, but you do rack up numbers when you run an AdWords campaign.

have you tried it before?

Thats an interesting one; so Ad-words will bring in traffic but with lousy sub retention rates essentially?...hmm...I mean I suppose its good that you're videos are getting an airing...but is it worth it if your core fanbase doesnt grow or establish as a result of it?

When you say "they're not active viewers" would you say that you got almost no subscribers during a campaign period or that the ones that did turn up were as good as zombie subs?

Yep, I've tried it before.

The videos basically are put in places where people are prone to clicking on them (I'm not sure if the auto-play feature is still a thing anymore, but if so, then it'll just auto-play videos you've put in campaigns as well, which will give you a view, but viewers will click away).

I don't think it's a useful way of establishing a fan base because it's not really able to target beyond really clunky categories and there's no feedback mechanism beyond a few charts telling you how many views and clicks you got. I never saw any subscriber base growth from it, I'll say.

If you run ads only on selected channels (or a particular video) with similar content as you (and your videos are similar quality wise or better) you will get people who sub to you and watch more of your content. Have done it plenty of times and it worked well. But don’t run the default adwords settings as you will just blow your cash.

If you are very sure your videos and thumbnails are great and can compete with the best I would definately use adwords as part of your growth strategy. If you’re not honest to yourself and actually need more time to learn how to make better and more good videos, than do so first before you spend your money.

If you run ads only on selected channels (or a particular video) with similar content as you (and your videos are similar quality wise or better) you will get people who sub to you and watch more of your content. Have done it plenty of times and it worked well. But don’t run the default adwords settings as you will just blow your cash.

If you are very sure your videos and thumbnails are great and can compete with the best I would definately use adwords as part of your growth strategy. If you’re not honest to yourself and actually need more time to learn how to make better and more good videos, than do so first before you spend your money.

Thank you very much for the feed. I will give it a shot, and try to learn how to use it. Was very unsure, if it would be a good investment. Now that you had said it.

Back