Royalty Free Music Mix up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Romantica

I've Got It
OK so I want to purchase this royalty free song and I was reading the terms of use. Can anyone tell me exactly what this means? I think it's saying I can use it for entertainment purposes, but I want to be sure. Am I able to use this in videos I want monetized? I really need help on what this is saying.
Here's a print screen of what it's saying copyright.jpg

You cannot monetize the video if you use the music. Enabling monetization means you are earning money from the video.
but I thought that was the point of royalty free music, to be able to monetize your videos? See this is why I'm super confused...

but I thought that was the point of royalty free music, to be able to monetize your videos? See this is why I'm super confused...

Royalty-free just means that it's licensed for SOME use - not necessarily for commercial purposes. What you want from a legal perspective is a commercial synchronization license.

(A lot of sites don't use the word "synchronization" though, which can be frustrating)

No. You can't use it and monetize the video. It says that the use
is for non-commercial. That means that you aren't profiting off
of using the copyrighted material. If you monetize the video, that
means that you are profiting off of it. Profit doesn't necessarily
mean that you are selling a physical item.

OK so I want to purchase this royalty free song and I was reading the terms of use. Can anyone tell me exactly what this means? I think it's saying I can use it for entertainment purposes, but I want to be sure. Am I able to use this in videos I want monetized? I really need help on what this is saying.
Here's a print screen of what it's saying View attachment 3230

Also, the "personal use" means you can't upload it, even if you don't monetize. Definitely wouldn't pay for anything under those terms.

Royalty-free just means that it's licensed for SOME use - not necessarily for commercial purposes. What you want from a legal perspective is a commercial syndication license.

(A lot of sites don't use the word "syndication" though, which can be frustrating)
So what's the point of purchasing royalty free music if I can't use it to become partnered?

Royalty-free just means that it's licensed for SOME use - not necessarily for commercial purposes. What you want from a legal perspective is a commercial syndication license.

(A lot of sites don't use the word "syndication" though, which can be frustrating)
^ Pretty much this. You are able to use the royalty-free music, and you will not get a copyright strike or anything like that, but you cannot make money from non-commercial use content. If you are wanting to make money from the video, you need royalty-free music that is commercial use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back