Review the first part of my GTA III Let's Play!

LoadedPixel

Well-Known Member
Hiya! This is the first let's play I'm doing on this channel and ultimately the first video. I'd like to know what you think I could improve on, or if there are any changes I should make. Thanks in advance!
 
I am typing this as I am watching your video:

  • I immediately noticed, that your mic is pretty sensitive when it comes to you blowing into the mic. Maybe you should try positioning your mic in a better way. Maybe try putting a sock over your mic, as a really cheap pop filter. Trust me, this really works.
  • It takes you 1:30min to finally get into the game. You gave us a lot of information about you and not about the game itself. I think that kind of information would be better in the description. If I click on the first part of a Let's Play, I want to see the game as soon as possible and don't want to wait nearly 2 minutes.
  • You don't talk during cutscenes. That's good.
  • 4:55 I now see how choppy your video really is. It's really uncomfortable to watch.
  • 8:25 You tell us about the games you will be playing. To be honest, I don't really care about your other games. That's something else you could put in the description and doesn't really fit into the video.
  • The volume of the cutscenes is pretty quiet. I think you should increase the volume a bit, so we can hear the the dialogue a bit better.
  • 10:10 You start talking about your projects again.
  • 15:40 You are not going to record the taxi-driving. That's good. I am sure some people would record that too, just to have more video material.
  • I am not a fan of people saying stuff like "SUBSCRIBE and tell your friends!" at the end of a video. This is something personal though. I know that it annoys other people too though. If people want to subscribe, they will. You don't need to tell them.
  • You also say, that you know that your video is choppy. Why do you even upload the video then? Try figuring stuff out before you record/upload stuff. The video would have been a lot better, if it would have been a bit smoother.
  • Oh and I like your thumbnail. It looks pretty professional.
Summary:
  • Try to get rid of your pop sounds. Try placing your mic not right in front of your mouth or maybe try the sock.
  • Don't talk about your other projects in your GTA video. Your GTA video is about GTA, not about your other Let's Plays.
  • Try to record with more fps and get a smoother video.
  • Put information that is not connected to the game you are playing in the description.

I know that I am being really harsh right now and I really hope you don't take it personal. Also, this is my personal opinion of your video. Other people probably think totally different things.
 
I am typing this as I am watching your video:

  • I immediately noticed, that your mic is pretty sensitive when it comes to you blowing into the mic. Maybe you should try positioning your mic in a better way. Maybe try putting a sock over your mic, as a really cheap pop filter. Trust me, this really works.
  • It takes you 1:30min to finally get into the game. You gave us a lot of information about you and not about the game itself. I think that kind of information would be better in the description. If I click on the first part of a Let's Play, I want to see the game as soon as possible and don't want to wait nearly 2 minutes.
  • You don't talk during cutscenes. That's good.
  • 4:55 I now see how choppy your video really is. It's really uncomfortable to watch.
  • 8:25 You tell us about the games you will be playing. To be honest, I don't really care about your other games. That's something else you could put in the description and doesn't really fit into the video.
  • The volume of the cutscenes is pretty quiet. I think you should increase the volume a bit, so we can hear the the dialogue a bit better.
  • 10:10 You start talking about your projects again.
  • 15:40 You are not going to record the taxi-driving. That's good. I am sure some people would record that too, just to have more video material.
  • I am not a fan of people saying stuff like "SUBSCRIBE and tell your friends!" at the end of a video. This is something personal though. I know that it annoys other people too though. If people want to subscribe, they will. You don't need to tell them.
  • You also say, that you know that your video is choppy. Why do you even upload the video then? Try figuring stuff out before you record/upload stuff. The video would have been a lot better, if it would have been a bit smoother.
  • Oh and I like your thumbnail. It looks pretty professional.
Summary:
  • Try to get rid of your pop sounds. Try placing your mic not right in front of your mouth or maybe try the sock.
  • Don't talk about your other projects in your GTA video. Your GTA video is about GTA, not about your other Let's Plays.
  • Try to record with more fps and get a smoother video.
  • Put information that is not connected to the game you are playing in the description.

I know that I am being really harsh right now and I really hope you don't take it personal. Also, this is my personal opinion of your video. Other people probably think totally different things.
No it's not too harsh! I really need this feedback, it's really constructive, so thank you :)
 
Back
Top