Review my animating progress.

DarrenH

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Commentator, Cartoonist, Animator
Hi guys,

Would it be possible to get some feedback on my animations?

I am a self taught animator and started learning how to do it all a couple of months back. Since then I have uploaded some of my videos to a YouTube channel which is slowly gathering traction and while the feedback has been good I am still looking for some feedback from animators.

Here is a link to my latest video

Thank you.

HappinessAndHealthGains

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
First of all I'm really impressed since you say you're self-taught and have only been doing this a few months. I had been majoring in 3D animation for almost 2 years so I can maybe give a few tips. As far as the textures go I think they look too flat. Like the bedspread for example... Even if the bed is perfectly made there will still likely be little wrinkles or small imperfections. I think if you were to model some of that in it would help. It doesn't need to be too much, but just a touch of it would give it more life. You could also do this on some of the other items in the room like the furniture or the floor. As for the floor I think the texture reads too much like it was painted on and all a bit too uniform. My professor always used to tell me that our brains are designed to notice patterns and things that don't look quite real which I think is true. The last piece of advice I would give is about laying UVs; it can make all the difference if the textures are coming out wonky, so it's important to get good at that if the program you're using uses them. As for the actual animation one of my old professors has a YouTube channel that I'll share. Some of it is definitely more basic but I think it is still really valuable. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxio_44XxZie52FGDrL-aCg/videos

You're doing an amazing job and I'm super impressed. You should definitely keep it up because you seem to have a lot of promise and if you're enjoying yourself that's what matters most!

Last edited: